Honored Contributor

Re: A thank you from my wife and myself

Our grand total started at 9- 4 dogs and 5 cats.. they've all crossed over, and when our Charley (golden retreiver) and our Ollie (cat) passed away weeks from one another, my heart was literally broken..  to this day I can't bring myself to have another pet..  When I read about Ozzie, those tears in my heart were brought to the surface..  Heart

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

John and Cindy,

So sorry to hear about Ozzie. It just rips at your heart to lose a pet, but I'm sure he is romping around the Rainbow Bridge right now with the other pets who shared your home. They are now your guardian pets and are watching over you.

Hope you and Cindy are doing well. My best to you both.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

Our grand total started at 9- 4 dogs and 5 cats.. they've all crossed over, and when our Charley (golden retreiver) and our Ollie (cat) passed away weeks from one another, my heart was literally broken..  to this day I can't bring myself to have another pet..  When I read about Ozzie, those tears in my heart were brought to the surface..  Heart

@Suziepeach

I'm so sorry, I know how it feels!

(((Smoky)))

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@Suziepeach

I'm so sorry, I know how it feels!

(((Smoky)))

@ChiliPepper, I'm sorry to you too- and to everyone's that's lost a pet and loved one.  Ollie was the last one- I was devastated.. and what is so funny... I'd donated a bunch of old blankets and quilts to our vets office.  As I held Ollie in a quilt and it was over, I kept thinking (I know this is strange) but this quilt looks so familiar.  I'll be diddly darned, it was my old quilt he used to sleep on..  That made the tears even flood more.

I will say, all of our furbabies are playing, romping, chasing and being taken care of by my former vets, Linda and John..  Heart

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutI can empathize with you on the loss of Ozzie.  We had 2 cats several years ago, one who developed very rare biventricular congestive heart failure and was supposed to live only days, if that -- and he lived for almost 3 years.  He's the photo on my avatar -- similar to Ozzie but more of a cream color. (I'm writing a book about him).  The other, several years younger than him, suddenly one day started to breathe too heavy.

By then, we'd become near experts in feline congestive heart failure.  We rushed her to the vet, but we weren't quite so lucky with her; she drowned in her own chest/lung fluid before the vet could put her to sleep more gently.  The vet told us later the #1 symptom of heart failure is death, something we learned the hard way.

It's a horror, I know.  Having trod your path too many times, DH and I send our prayers to you and your wife.  Ozzie knew Heaven on this earth because he was cherished by two special people -- and he knew it. 

Honored Contributor

Bless your hearts.  They're a real family member.  

I know you will find comfort in the way you enriched eachother's lives.

Prayers coming your way.

Frequent Contributor

So sorry @hckynut.❤️

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry @hckynut.  We love our fur babies so much. They take a piece of our heart with them to the Rainbow Bridge. Thinking of you and Cindy. 

Respected Contributor

What a loss.  The only consolation we have is knowing we will meet with our furry friends again.  Sending hugs to your and Cindy.  {{{hugs}}}

RIP Sweet Ozzie

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown