Honored Contributor

A thank you from my wife and myself

[ Edited ]

Thank all of you for your thoughts for Cindy/myself and Ozzie. He was fine last night and this morning before I went to Physical Therapy, I asked Cindy to check him, as he just wasn't acting right.

When I got home she was crying and Ozzie was hiding behind one of our chairs in our patio room, and crying out in pain. I had to move the chair to get him and hand him out to my wife. He was in pain just touching him, it was heart wrenching getting the 9 miles to our vet.

We were fortunate our regular vet was in this morning, as they have several working at this Animal Hospital. In fact, Cindy found Ozzie in their old building way back in around 2003, and brought him home. They had him up for adoption as they often do in their lobby.

Our vet knew Ozzie before we did and everything about him. It just made everything so much easier than one of our last felines we had to "let go", and he was off that day. Every little thing makes such a big difference when these types of things happen to our furry kids, and "it is time".

He said he had Congestive Heart Failure and probably a PE, because his back feet were ice cold, which meant no circulation, and he later was gasping to breathe. We knew what we had to do, and the first thing was to put him partially to sleep, to remove his pain.

We then each held him and talked to him for about 10 minutes about him and our lives with him. How much we loved this guy cannot be expressed in words only. He was a talker with always something to say, so this morning I suspected he was not feeling good, but I had no idea when I left for PT, how bad off he was at the time. He was not crying or anything unusual, other than just acting different.

My Avatar is now a picture of Ozzie when he was a kitten. I am going to see if Cindy has a later photo of him on her cell phone, and if so will change the Avatar again to one of the more current one.

He was a beautiful guy with a gold colored coat(a lion type color), and the softest of all of our feline family. You would know it was Ozzie if he jumped on your lap, even with you eyes closed.

Again thank everyone here so much for taking the time to think of my family and myself. These are things that I will never forget during my lifetime. You all our great thoughtful cyber-friends, only a couple which I know and have met in real life:

Oz, we will see you again buddy,

Cindy and JOhn(the hockeynuts)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: A thank you from my wife and myself

A lovingly-worded tribute indeed, RIP Ozzie.

Trusted Contributor

God bless you both. This is never easy. 

Trusted Contributor

Cindy and John, I am so very sorry to hear about your little sweetie, Ozzie.  It sounds as if this guy had a wonderful family and one that he brought so much happiness to.  It's fortunate that things worked out the way that they did with your veterinarian.  Those details can make all the difference, can't they?  Blessings to you both.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut, I am so sorry. It's so hard to lose a member of the family. Rest in peace dear, sweet Ozzie. ❤️🙏❤️

Esteemed Contributor

An act of kindness.  Very, very difficult.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Ozzie sounds so sweet and memorable.  It is so hard to say goodbye at these difficult times with our animals.  How great that he was surrounded with your love and words at that time.  Ozzie, RIP.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut

I am sorry to hear about your loss of Ozzie. I know that awful feeling all too well. At least he's not suffering any longer. It's hard to lose are pets as truly they are part of our families. I no longer have a pet since losing 2 of our dogs that lived until they were 14. We can't have pets where we live now and to be honest, it's probably best. I couldn't go through that again. 

You and Cindy take care.

Respected Contributor

My heart weeps for your sorrow and sadness. Sincere condolences for the loss of a love one.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut Rest in Peace dear sweet Ozzie.Heart