Respected Contributor

MominOhio,

If you can't see the potential harm in re-instituting Jim Crow-like tests for voters, I can't help you any further.  I don't intent to debate the issue with you any further.

I can only be appalled  at the very idea.

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

My 3 grand kids know the answers to those questions, so not all young people are like this. But yes I agree, there is more focus on celebrities than other subjects now days. Also Jay Leno used to ask questions like that on the street and all ages did or didn't know the answers either. So I dont think you can classify age groups, but I do get your point about what is of importance these days.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

My 3 grand kids know the answers to those questions, so not all young people are like this. But yes I agree, there is more focus on celebrities than other subjects now days. Also Jay Leno used to ask questions like that on the street and all ages did or didn't know the answers either. So I dont think you can classify age groups, but I do get your point about what is of importance these days.

I would say that most of us who have children (or grandchildren) can say that in our experience, all of them can answer these basic questions. I'd prefer to go with what I know, rather than some vague "facebook survey" that the OP has not even been able to give us an actual link to.

Wait for it...she'll come back and say that I didn't comprehend something in her OP.  

Honored Contributor

Re: A survey on facebook..

[ Edited ]

Coincidentally I saw this fb survey today, a friend of mine reposted it and it came from a page named salon. What i thought about it? Ridiculous in more ways then one and that's all I'm going to say about it! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Coincidentally I saw this fb survey today, a friend of mine reposted it and it came from a page named salon. What i thought about it? Ridiculous in more ways then one and that;s all I'm going to say about it! 

My thoughts exactly.  And I don't think I've seen you here, in a long time!

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Coincidentally I saw this fb survey today, a friend of mine reposted it and it came from a page named salon. What i thought about it? Ridiculous in more ways then one and that's all I'm going to say about it! 

Well, hi there, @JaneMarple!   What a great surprise!   I'm glad to see you posting, and I hope you and yours are well.    Regarding Facebook's typical "surveys" or "quizzes," they're worth less than we pay for them (nothing).   In this case, it's not one of those but it certainly seems to be a random video without much substance in my opinion.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hi dBd, nice seeing you again as well. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

MominOhio,

If you can't see the potential harm in re-instituting Jim Crow-like tests for voters, I can't help you any further.  I don't intent to debate the issue with you any further.

I can only be appalled  at the very idea.

And I with your pov as well.

Honored Contributor

Facebook surveys are wonderful resources. I recently discovered that I had a spirit animal I didn't know about and the best city for me to live, how old I'll be when I die and if I'm a narcissist. Good stuff. 

Respected Contributor

Where is the survey? 

Would be interesting to see how accurate your account of the answers are. To broadly paint a whole generation is ridiculous. I am sure they do not represent people in their 20's as a whole. I could ask my DD and she would know all the answers . I could ask you who holds the original patent on 3D printing would you know without googling? Would you or someone in your older generation know the answer and how important that is for future generations. The list is endless as to what is important going forward for these kids. Who won the Civil War can be googled if someone really needs that answer for a board game.