Trusted Contributor

Re: A strange, welcomed sight at Target

At both Giant & Acme yesterday morning - very little TP and no paper towels in my area of DE.  I am okay w/TP as I'm only one person, but I love my Viva paper towels.

Yesterday I went on Walmart.com to order some coffee.  Decided to waste time looking at paper towels & TP.  My Viva paper towels were available!  I ordered 2 packs of 6 rolls.  I felt like I hit it on a slot machine.Woman Wink  Whoever thought buying paper towels would be so satisfying??

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

For the past few weeks, I haven't been able to find any paper towels or toilet paper in any grocery store in my area.  NONE. NADA. 

The only place I've been able to find any is at Target. Both times I've been there they had a fairly large selection of both toilet paper and paper towels. Smiley Very Happy

I can't find any hand sanitizer or Clorox wipes anywhere. Not even in Target. Smiley Frustrated

@lmt    My Walmart Supercenter has had a choice of 4 or 5 brands of toilet paper for their pick up service.  I don't know about paper towels as I rarely buy them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I was at Meijer for my weekly shopping this morning. The paper aisle was nearly full with all the usual brands represented. The cleaning aisle was well stocked with 2 different brands of wipes. The meat case was well stocked except there were only small packages of chicken breasts. There was a good sale on cereal. I got everything on my list in my preferred brand.
Respected Contributor

Yes the early bird gets the worm and then the rest of us have none because people are still hoarding.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

Yes the early bird gets the worm and then the rest of us have none because people are still hoarding.

@Shawnie - well, I didn't buy any toilet paper this morning, but I did buy a small tub of wipes. 

In this case, early bird DID get the worm. Pays to get up and get going early sometimes. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Sending thanks and a fist bump to your brother, @drizzellla !

Honored Contributor

I ordered Charmin toilet paper, Bounty paper towels, Dawn dishwashing detergent and dishwasher detergent from Costco.  They were delivered to my front porch yesterday so I am all set.  

I also got two Instacart deliveries - one from Costco and one from a local market yesterday.  

Respected Contributor

TP and tissue and paper towel mountains:  BJ's !!! 5/2/20

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

Now if only they would get back in stock..... the antibacterial hand soap in the pump. None of the stores here have any. 

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

@lmt  When you are at your gas station try looking there for hand sanitizer. I saw three kinds at the check out counter at mine.Just a thought. I use so little of it as home or near home to hand wash. I gave a bottle to my mail carrier as she is stuck in her vehicle all day.

@Gorgf  We get our gas at Sam's Club. There is no store to check out, you have to use a credit card and pay at the pump.

I only want the hand sanitizer for use in our cars. If we go grocery shopping I would like to have some sanitizer to use before I get in my car and touch the door, steering wheel, radio, etc. As soon as we get home we wash our hands. 

But thanks for the tip anyway!