Respected Contributor

A silver moment, a denim moment, a leather moment.....

They are wearing that saying out.  Over and over... also acting like they are bumbed that something sold out.  They are happy not sad to see something sell out.  

Respected Contributor

Re: A silver moment, a denim moment, a leather moment.....

i’ve never heard any of that, LOL. I happen to be sad when things sell out that I want, and I don’t want a gleeful post.

Maybe you’re watching too much QVC. 

Respected Contributor

@chiclet yes it's disingenuous when they express dismay at a sellout. Certainly the vendor is overjoyed. The only time I saw real panic over a sellout is when a host actually disengaged from her job and viewers to have a meltdown with her producer trying to get a size and color. And it doesn't take much viewing time to perceive a pattern in the sales pitch. Once someone starts to use a phrase, it spreads like wildfire. 

Respected Contributor

QVC is much more enjoyable when you don't watch.  Honestly.  I rarely watch, but still use the website.  You'll be happier, I guarantee it.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

QVC is much more enjoyable when you don't watch.  Honestly.  I rarely watch, but still use the website.  You'll be happier, I guarantee it.

I agree with that.  I don't "watch" QVC,  I "shop" with QVC.  Even when I watch on tv, it's only for a half hour or so.  I do my HSN and QVC shopping via their websites.  If I sat and watched hour after hour of some shopping channel, good grief, I'd nit pick everything that came out of hosts' mouths too.  

Respected Contributor

For me QVC is usually back ground noise while I am doing something on the computer.   I look up when something interests me.  Sometimes I mute it and just look up every so often.  I just hate it when they get hold of a word or phrase and it just gets used over and over.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've missed the "moment", I guess.  I quit watching QVC when everything was a "story."  A "green story", a "demin story", etc.  I think that phrase got started with Valerie Parr Hill.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

I have heard hosts use the phrase “Having a ______ moment”. 

I am also skeptical when a host vocalizes how bummed out she is because something might sell out before she could can get it. 

IMO both are sales pitches.