Respected Contributor

I'd choose a little sunny room  with a balcony, overlooking a peaceful spot in the country.  Comfy furniture in shades of blue and green.  A nice tv, of course.  My favorite music and books.  Yup!

Honored Contributor

Thinking about this is fun! Just for me?? Our home is eclectic, but this would be completely different. I would have a French country sitting room, complete with a chaise lounge with lots of pillows and a writing desk like this one:

I would decorate in cream and aqua tones, and have a small bookcase. It would have plenty of light to read, but also lots of candles! It would overlook a garden with a fountain, or even better, the ocean or bay. Well, I'm dreaming, right?? Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom ... Beautiful room!

Respected Contributor

Something like this for me...I've been obsessed with mid-century modern lately, which is NOTHING like the style of my home!

Esteemed Contributor

I like so many different styles and colors that I become overwhelmed and indecisive when it comes to decor.  Partly because of this and partly because I'm prone to dreaming I always felt the perfect home for me would be a repurposed shopping mall so I could decorate each store in different styles changing my location according to my mood.

When I dream I dream big!

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@sfnative

Long time steampunk fan here!

Honored Contributor

Does anyone watch The Good Witch on TV?  She has her own room at the top of the house, it was featured once.

Low lighting, strings of LED lights, very Victorian looking with a chaise lounge.  Lots of books and special little things.  Incense and candles.

I'd like that.  A room for contemplation and relaxing.

This is a shot of it in the background, I think.  You can't see much, but I can remember it.

Catherine Bell as Cassie Nightingale The Good Witch - my favorite of her roles, but Ms Bell's performances are always impressive.:

Honored Contributor

I have a friend that took a downstairs bedroom (10 x 12ft.) and has her clothes in there, a dresser, a ceiling high wicker bookcase, and a desk with her computer in fromt of a double window where she also does her makeup.

Her DH has his computer in his man cave down the small hall on the other side of the M BR steps.

Super Contributor

Re: A room just for you:

[ Edited ]

My plan is to turn our entire attic into my girl "cave" and it would be one giant walk in closet. There would be a makeup table up there, walls of shoes, purses, perfumes, hats, etc. I would also have a wrapping paper station for gift wrapping! Another section would be for jewelry, books, etc. I would have some of my collectibles up there as well. Chaise lounge, window seats, and other comfy furniture.  It would be very feminine and girly. Lots of mirrors, expensive wallpaper, Crystal chandeliers, touches of pink, etc.

attic closet

Honored Contributor

I love all of you and your ideas are wonderful.  As I said, I have zip talent when it comes to decorating.  My late husband was amazing at architecture.  If he'd not gone into the army, he'd have become an architect.  He made up for it when he sold the computer business and bought houses, fixed them up and sold them.  He used his skill there.  He'd come home and say, "and this will go there and that......".  I'd be like, "OK, whatever you say".  Ha!

I love reading about all of your ideas, all of  you.  I am going to try to find the name of that TV show I was talking about where they had teams decorate rooms for competition.  It was such fun to see such creative people, such as here.