Esteemed Contributor

A quote I just read on Twitter

"Everything we do before a pandemic will seem alarmist. Everything we do after will seem inadequate."

- Michael Leavitt, former HHS Secretary under President George W. Bush

Trusted Contributor

Re: A quote I just read on Twitter

OIPVM7VEHSV.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

"Everything we do before a pandemic will seem alarmist. Everything we do after will seem inadequate."

This and the underlying sentiment are so very true for this event, and many other things in life. 

I'm a better safe than sorry kind of person. I guess that there are others that just take the risk, then deal with it (or more often don't) afterward. 

Honored Contributor

My favorite on Twitter so far is a hazard team duo walking through a disaster area with the quote:

Person 1:  They are all dead.

Person 2:  But did you see how clean their butts (they used another word) were?

Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Mary Bailey -

I heard this too and one of the very best quotes of the week!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I read a tweet 7 to 10 days ago, when we were still in the very early stages of this crisis. This man tweeted “Anyone else feel like we’re living in the first ten minutes of a disaster movie?”  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Wisdom, @Mary Bailey .   Some of the steps that WERE taken here in January in response to the burgeoning illnesses in China, WERE heavily criticized for being insensitive to China or somehow "racist".  But if they hadn't been taken.... well, there would be even more fingerpointing. 

This ties in with some of what Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx were saying about the lower stockpile of tests available to be used.  They said the fact that the Food and Drug Administration has such stringent guidelines, while normally a good thing, and superior to what some other countries have,  did actually hamper the gearing up of testing here in the beginning.  So events do need to be looked at in some context, which often does not happen in this over-heated atmosphere lately.     

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  If I could triple heart your post, I would!