Respected Contributor

My second son and I had a huge disagreement today.......He's a police officer and was telling me of a shooting he was involved in.............it was a domestic call, so two cars were dispatched..........the guy had left and passed them on the way to his house............both cars flipped a U and pursued the man who did pull over and exited the car with a gun.............my son (who is a Sargent) and the other officer opened fire........the man was shot 7 times..............he lived.

Now here is where the disagreement started..............the call they were responding to was on tribal land.........I told him, "you can't go on tribal land."............he told me they could because the under sheriff does not recognize the reservation police...........this is where I got my hackles up............my mother was Cherokee and Cree............her father was Cree and her mother Cherokee...........one of my sister's lives on a reservation...........she got her Master's Degree in Sociology and went back to the res to help the people..........I firmly believe in a sovereign nation within a nation...........my son has no right (in a law enforcement capacity) on tribal land............he firmly believes as an officer he has a right..........huge disagreement and me very annoyed at him because as a person of native heritage I think he should be more sympathetic to the plight of tribal people.............I called him an apple and he laughed.{#emotions_dlg.bored}

So.............my question to you all is.................do you think that when it comes to tribal land, should past treaties be honored and tribal land in fact be a Sovern Nation within a Natiion....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo