Trusted Contributor

Re: A question for those familiar with Home Goods

@SunValley wrote:

Our Home Goods and TJ Maxx are in one store. Is this common or are they usually different stores?

I believe they are the same company.  A Home Goods opened in our area, and the TJ Maxx became overloaded with junk....lots of it damaged.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

I can not go very often, cause i see this ,and that i like.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Spokane,WA finally got one,it is a 50ish mile drive for me but I have been there 3 times already.Fun store browse in.

Respected Contributor

@only shops online wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

Our Home Goods and TJ Maxx are in one store. Is this common or are they usually different stores?

I believe they are the same company.  A Home Goods opened in our area, and the TJ Maxx became overloaded with junk....lots of it damaged.

Yes they are the same. You can use a TJMaxx gift card at Home Goods. I have seen them as one store, and seperate stores. 

Respected Contributor

Don't know the answer to your question but Home Goods is one of my favorite stores, especially for jellies and jams. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

If I recall correctly...there is no soft opening. You will LOVE the stores!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

@nun ya thanks for the reply. I seldom shop the TJMaxx side as it just is too much jammed and jumbled together, with the exception of looking through the bath and body products. I always check the expiration dates however.

Respected Contributor

@onlyshopsonline thanks for the reply.

Respected Contributor

TJMaxx is the parent company for same name store, Homegoods, Marshalls, Sierra, and a few others.  Sometimes the stores are stand Aline's and one store nearby is a combo Homegoods/ Marshalls.  The merchandise bought at the combo store can only be returned to the combo store.  Likewise, TJm to TJm and M to M.

The creativity found in Homegoods mdse. is unbelievable and you do have to visit often or risk missing something neat.  Thank goodness there are several near me.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

Our HomeGoods store did not have a soft opening.  It announced a grand opening and that is when the doors opened.  LoveHeart HomeGoods... if you like it,  buy it. Inventory keeps changing and once an item is sold something else its put in its spot.