Honored Contributor

Re: A question for the moderators

brii wrote:

I have never experienced any bouncing with any device - iMac, iPhone, or Surface.

I'm sure that the bouncing is very frustrating.

Hi, @brii!  Long time no see, nice to see you!  That's interesting.  You use the full (desktop) Safari verson of the community forums on your iPhone and you don't see a "bounce" when the promo banner at the top of the page loads?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@brii wrote:

I have never experienced any bouncing with any device - iMac, iPhone, or Surface.

Hi, @brii!  Long time no see, nice to see you!  That's interesting.  You use the full (desktop) Safari verson of the community forums on your iPhone and you don't see a "bounce" when the promo banner at the top of the page loads?

Hi, @dooBdoo.  Glad to see you too!

No bouncing on any device ever. 

I just loaded the forums on my iphone, the Full version, and no bounce.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brii wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@brii wrote:

Hi, @dooBdoo.  Glad to see you too!

No bouncing on any device ever. 

I just loaded the forums on my iphone, the Full version, and no bounce.

Sweeeet!  Now, @brii, you have to tell us your secret!

Seriously, that's likely why their tech support is having trouble fixing the problem for all devices, all software, all versions, all settings, etc.  It's not just this website with the problem, and that makes me less than confident they'll do anything about it.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo - no secret.

I was always afraid to say I didn't experience the bouncing - I didn't want to jinx myself.  LOL

Respected Contributor

My laptop bounces here.  This is the only site where it has ever bounced and it gives me a headache after a while.

Respected Contributor

I agree...the bouncing is so nerve wracking !
Respected Contributor

Mine only bounces if I try to click befoe the page is completely loaded...But that process still takes forever. 

Honored Contributor

I get it occasionally with my laptop..  It is worse with IE browser.  Maybe because IE is slower to load and has an adversion to some to some websites.  My forum pages work better with chrome and Firefox than IE

Honored Contributor

#SundayPositiveChallenge

Hey @brii:

Do you have an iPad?  My iPhone is not bouncing, but my iPad still is.   Am I missing something or need to download something?   I'm getting good at multi-tasking....I click then wait, do something else, then go back to the thread.  Double Stuff!

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

#SundayPositiveChallenge

Hey @brii:

Do you have an iPad?  My iPhone is not bouncing, but my iPad still is.   Am I missing something or need to download something?   I'm getting good at multi-tasking....I click then wait, do something else, then go back to the thread.  Double Stuff!

@sidsmom, my IPad doesn't bounce either.  I use Safari, not the QVC app. 

I don't use my iPad that much here though.