Esteemed Contributor

Re: A plea for all the servers out there

@Spurt   These woman always paid cash, everyone of them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

I wonder what all the people who were servers before the pandemic are doing now???

@kaydee50    The wait staff shortage seems to exist nation wide and I've wondered the same thing.  Looking at the crime statistics, they're making more money sel!ing drugs and shop lifting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

if only this rudeness was limited to affect only one profession it might be an easier fix.

the ugly attitude and just plain mean is everywhere.

we see it daily

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

That's a mean, nasty thing to say.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I wonder what all the people who were servers before the pandemic are doing now???

@kaydee50    The wait staff storage seems to exist nation wide and I've wondered the same thing.  Looking at the crime statistics, they're making more money sel!ing drugs and shop lifting.

Really?  So all the wait staff that decided not to go back to being verbally abused are now drug dealers and shop lifters?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What an awful stereotyping judgmental thing to say. Sadly not surprising at all 

Especially from people who haven't had to work in how many years, let alone as a server in 2022.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

This is slightly OT, but I have to ask ......    before covid, we had a very nice buffet chain in SoCal called the Soup Plantation.  Wonderful for lunch with a large variety of salad greens, veggie options, soups, bread, rolls ....  really great.  One price for an all-you-can-eat meal of fresh ingredients.

Enter covid and every buffet restaurant I ever knew about either closed voluntarily, or went out of business due to changing health regs.  

Anyone think we'll EVER get great buffet restaurants back again?

So many of the type you reference and the small 'family' type restaurants with tasty food offered at reasonable prices are gone. Will we ever see then again? Not at the rate we're going. Not in our lifetimes, anyway, would be my guess.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

QVC Ladies are very, very sheltered.

Esteemed Contributor

When I interact with a human in a service job, those that check out and bag groceries, wait staff, sales persons etc I make it a point to set the stage by greeting them FIRST with a smile and a pleasantry.  Especially if they seem grumpy it can change their mood. 

When calling customer service, no matter how angry I may be I always greet them and than ask for their help.  They didn't cause the problem and by establishing rapport they are likely to go an extra mile to help you.  

Doesn't cost anything and you may get better results. 

While I don't see UPS and FEDX drivers I do tip those that deliver my food, deliver and instsall appliances or furniture.  Not repair persons however.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I do not expect to see buffet restaurants like Ryan's, Golden Corral, Western Sizzling, ever make a comeback for several reasons.

Besides staffing shortages, there would be major challenges in getting the food shipments to keep the various self serve stations open. These restaurants experience large amounts of food waste on buffets, which none could afford on menu prices that are affordable enough to keep customers walking thru their doors.    

As much as my family loved the above restaurants back in the 80's and 90's, I cannot see myself ever eating in one of them anytime soon, should any decide to reopen here.