Esteemed Contributor

Re: A picture worth looking at.

@golding76 wrote:

Duh, you don't think we should have had a coordinated approach by now, something that could have tamped down the occurrence of this novel coronavirus?

What are you thinking?

@golding76  When has there been a coordinated approach to anything...since D-Day?

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@esmerelda Exactly, what good does it do?  Kinda like all the threads complaining   "went to WM (or any store) and people weren't wearing masks!"  Good grief, anywhere you go there will be some not wearing them. Does it have to be announced constantly? 

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Lion wrote:

If you're not angry about this, you're not paying attention.

@Lion  What does angry do?  All I can do is wear a mask, wash my hands and physically distance myself from others.

@esmerelda   Agree. 

I don't like to see spikes and more deaths; but being angry over it will change nothing.

Hence, the usual "I saw somebody without a mask" threads carry on again. And again.  And again.

I believe most people are doing the best that they can to stay safe.

I also find the lack of anger regarding mass groups of protests where not all masks are being utilized interesting.

Priorities are a funny thing.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

My state had lots of protests. But we also have an extremely careful slow phased in reopening. With numbered phases, steps as part of those phases, data collected for weeks before the next steps and next phases can happen. Like the plan that was originally put out by the task force, then it went poof. High compliance with mask wearing, and it's required in most places. And we started out with very high numbers of cases and deaths.

No explosion of cases here. And that's NOT "fake news", except for those who want it to be. 

Lots of protests in NYC, as far as I know no explosion of cases there either. I do know indoor dining has not been allowed for now, as a precaution due to what's been happening elsewhere.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

My state had lots of protests. But we also have an extremely careful slow phased in reopening. With numbered phases, steps as part of those phases, data collected for weeks before the next steps and next phases can happen. Like the plan that was originally put out by the task force, then it went poof. High compliance with mask wearing, and it's required in most places. And we started out with very high numbers of cases and deaths.

No explosion of cases here. And that's NOT "fake news", except for those who want it to be. 

Lots of protests in NYC, as far as I know no explosion of cases there either. I do know indoor dining has not been allowed for now, as a precaution due to what's been happening elsewhere.

I can't take you seriously either if you really believe that. Common sense is in order.  If the media you watch or read told you the protests didn't help the spike in cases then they are lying to you. Plain and simple. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't read the beginnings of this thread and don't watch much news. Have seen pictures of protests of course. Not talking about any out of control ones, but the more peaceful ones most all seemed to be wearing masks.  I think masks are important. I know the usual ones here don't, so I have just stated my opinion here.  You don't believe in masks that's your business. And what I believe is my business.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I can't take you seriously either if you really believe that. Common sense is in order.  If the media you watch or read told you the protests didn't help the spike in cases then they are lying to you. Plain and simple. 

I don't care if you can't take me seriously. You're rude. You constantly insult the intelligence of others here.

I know what's going on in my state, and you don't. And I have plenty of common sense, and intelligence. Will put it up against yours any day of the week.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I haven't read the beginnings of this thread and don't watch much news. Have seen pictures of protests of course. Not talking about any out of control ones, but the more peaceful ones most all seemed to be wearing masks.  I think masks are important. I know the usual ones here don't, so I have just stated my opinion here.  You don't believe in masks that's your business. And what I believe is my business.

With all due respect, I think most all posters here DO think masks are important and do wear them in public. It's the constant lecturing and scolding others about it that gets tiresome.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I don't care if you can't take me seriously. You're rude. You constantly insult the intelligence of others here.

I know what's going on in my state, and you don't. And I have plenty of common sense, and intelligence. Will put it up against yours any day of the week.

So pointing out the fact that you're ignoring common sense is rude? No it's not. Maybe you need to toughen up a little. I've seen you get offended many times. The protests have been huge gathering and suddenly weeks later we have this huge surge in the virus. You claim it's because of everything or anything else. Sorry but that is just not logical. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 No thanks, I'm fine. Doing very well without your suggestions regarding how to be myself. Maybe you need to be less rude and condescending. Just a suggestion.

You can keep ignoring common sense about people not wearing masks, not distancing, states opening up everything without guidelines, rallies, and more. Keep banging on your protest drum.