Respected Contributor

Re: A picture worth looking at.

If you're not angry about this, you're not paying attention.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

We live in a big country, lots of big cities, lots of people coming in from around the world, lots of traffic, lots of planes, lots of moving around.

Lots of big cities people crowded and moving around.  Lots of events, and of recent various gatherings of close size.

Contrast to model of life in other countries.  Would you give it up?  If so, why don't you live there?

Big country, big problems!  We live very very different lives here in the USA.  Maybe it's time to think about and whether or not you REALLY want to live here or somewhere else.

I am very serious.  Maybe it's time some of us rethink where our heart and lifestyle is and where we want to or where we really should live.  No joke.  Are you living the way you want to live or not? Move to another area, state, or country.  We have choices open to us. 

I like this fantasy of just waltzing into another country and announcing "I'm here to stay, thank me later."

Respected Contributor

@Sooner Even if we wanted to leave, we probably would be banned from most of the countries of choice right now!

Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

We live in a big country, lots of big cities, lots of people coming in from around the world, lots of traffic, lots of planes, lots of moving around.

Lots of big cities people crowded and moving around.  Lots of events, and of recent various gatherings of close size.

Contrast to model of life in other countries.  Would you give it up?  If so, why don't you live there?

Big country, big problems!  We live very very different lives here in the USA.  Maybe it's time to think about and whether or not you REALLY want to live here or somewhere else.

I am very serious.  Maybe it's time some of us rethink where our heart and lifestyle is and where we want to or where we really should live.  No joke.  Are you living the way you want to live or not? Move to another area, state, or country.  We have choices open to us. 

I like this fantasy of just waltzing into another country and announcing "I'm here to stay, thank me later."

@stuyvesant   Well, you can come here.  Why not?

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

First of all, what country would have us at this point?  It's not as though some of us refuse to be adults and make sacrifices.  

And since when can't we complain about some of our own short falls and try to improve the situation here?  SMH

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@Sooner I think people are taking your comment all wrong. I guess they think you mean pack up and move to another country or state today lol And I do completely get what you're saying. People sure like to complain but when it comes down to really doing anything about their gripes they do nothing but continue to gripe. 

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Duh, you don't think we should have had a coordinated approach by now, something that could have tamped down the occurrence of this novel coronavirus?

What are you thinking?

Maybe no more protests during a pandemic 🧐

Respected Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Sooner I think people are taking your comment all wrong. I guess they think you mean pack up and move to another country or state today lol And I do completely get what you're saying. People sure like to complain but when it comes down to really doing anything about their gripes they do nothing but continue to gripe. 

@Lali1 Poster @Sooner states that we should live how we want to live.  Believe you me, I am not living how I WANT to live, but how I SHOULD live to be a responsible person.  

Respected Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Duh, you don't think we should have had a coordinated approach by now, something that could have tamped down the occurrence of this novel coronavirus?

What are you thinking?

...or perhaps no more rallies or July 4th huge celebration on the National Mall in DC where the wearing of masks will not be mandated.

What could possibly go wrong?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

What are you thinking?

@Lali1 Protests have not been shown to be a trigger for this latest surge.  The Memorial Day holiday, states easing up on restrictions and complacency by younger people seem to be the driving factors.