Honored Contributor

Re: A picture worth looking at.

Duh, you don't think we should have had a coordinated approach by now, something that could have tamped down the occurrence of this novel coronavirus?

What are you thinking?

Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew   "emotionally scare people without context"....

Isn't that what we do here at Pandemic Central, er..., I mean, Community Chat?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

That graph means nothing in its own. Too many other questions and variables and facts are needed to make any critical thinking happen with decisions made going forward. I guess if we are trying to emotionally scare people without context it might have some value.

-----------------------------------------------------

This graph shows where we are as a country right now; a 7 day moving average of new infections in our population of about 340 million and the EU at about 440 million.  They have suffered, worked hard to overcome, and are now reopening.  We are smaller and much less dense and we are doing significantly worse, that should concern everyone.

Graphs give quick data to show if you are heading in the right direction. It's up to you to do some checking to see what the full story is.  If anyone is "fearful" it is lack of information, not because of a graph.  Sorry you didn't understand that point.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

That graph means nothing in its own. Too many other questions and variables and facts are needed to make any critical thinking happen with decisions made going forward. I guess if we are trying to emotionally scare people without context it might have some value.

-----------------------------------------------------

This graph shows where we are as a country right now; a 7 day moving average of new infections in our population of about 340 million and the EU at about 440 million.  They have suffered, worked hard to overcome, and are now reopening.  We are smaller and much less dense and we are doing significantly worse, that should concern everyone.

Graphs give quick data to show if you are heading in the right direction. It's up to you to do some checking to see what the full story is.  If anyone is "fearful" it is lack of information, not because of a graph.  Sorry you didn't understand that point.

Oh I understood perfectly what the point of that graph was . I just wasn't buying what some are selling. Don't waste your time with me. I am not easily fooled. I research and ponder and make up my own mind. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

We live in a big country, lots of big cities, lots of people coming in from around the world, lots of traffic, lots of planes, lots of moving around.

Lots of big cities people crowded and moving around.  Lots of events, and of recent various gatherings of close size.

Contrast to model of life in other countries.  Would you give it up?  If so, why don't you live there?

Big country, big problems!  We live very very different lives here in the USA.  Maybe it's time to think about and whether or not you REALLY want to live here or somewhere else.

I am very serious.  Maybe it's time some of us rethink where our heart and lifestyle is and where we want to or where we really should live.  No joke.  Are you living the way you want to live or not? Move to another area, state, or country.  We have choices open to us. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

We live in a big country, lots of big cities, lots of people coming in from around the world, lots of traffic, lots of planes, lots of moving around.

Lots of big cities people crowded and moving around.  Lots of events, and of recent various gatherings of close size.

Contrast to model of life in other countries.  Would you give it up?  If so, why don't you live there?

Big country, big problems!  We live very very different lives here in the USA.  Maybe it's time to think about and whether or not you REALLY want to live here or somewhere else.

I am very serious.  Maybe it's time some of us rethink where our heart and lifestyle is and where we want to or where we really should live.  No joke.  Are you living the way you want to live or not? Move to another area, state, or country.  We have choices open to us. 

Good Question.  I live in France for about 6 weeks every year and have done so for the last 20 years.  I have a pretty good idea of life there in the EU.  They have the same big cities, more dense populations, modern and much much safer.  Good health care for everyone.  The rule in France,  if you call an ambulance, there is always a Doctor riding in it.  Imagine that here. We are just getting technology that they have had 10 years ago.  No charge for international calls to US.  They had the credit card chip almost 15 years ago.  All countries have their strengths.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Good Question.  I live in France for about 6 weeks every year and have done so for the last 20 years.  I have a pretty good idea of life there in the EU.  They have the same big cities, more dense populations, modern and much much safer.  Good health care for everyone.  The rule in France,  if you call an ambulance, there is always a Doctor riding in it.  Imagine that here. We are just getting technology that they have had 10 years ago.  No charge for international calls to US.  They had the credit card chip almost 15 years ago.  All countries have their strengths.

@Bhvbum Then again a lot of people think Diana would have lived had she been here and had rapid transport to a trauma center. . . you never know. 

I agree about technology because we have to test and certify beyond what sometimes is reasonable.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, we are a horrible country. And since a country is it's people, we are horrible people. 

🙄

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Bhvbum Then again a lot of people think Diana would have lived had she been here and had rapid transport to a trauma center. . . you never know. 

I agree about technology because we have to test and certify beyond what sometimes is reasonable.  

I heard that too. If their medical system is so good then why were they saying Diana may have survived had she been in the US?