Honored Contributor

A picture is worth a thousand words: Kohls Amazon Returns

I saw this today in Kohl's and inquired "are all these returns"?

"Yes, from before pandemic & recently awaiting carrier to pick up".

Amazing😳

5702C1CE-AE5C-49B8-A50A-CDFBB0C5935F.jpeg

1C4B36FE-1A4F-46FD-A8D4-8F3B18038FC6.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A picture is worth a thousand words: Kohls Amazon Returns

WOW!  Buyers remorse? I sure wouldn't want to work returns at Amazon (or Walmart either)

Honored Contributor

i went to both the UPS store and to the post office today.

cannot tell you how busy they were!

the lines were out the door, not only due to physical distancing, but also because there were so many people in line. it was almost like christmas time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Are people less careful about what they order when both directions of shipping are free or all returns just up because the amount of ordering has increased so much?

Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

With Amazon most things ship free (if prime member) and unlike QVC and other retailers -- free returns.  They issue a email with scan code & in my experience return instant once scan code is scanned by Kohl's or UPS.

Also, this is 4-5 months of returns I assume -- it was surprising to see!!!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   Prime example as to why I tried this service once soon after it began a couple of years ago, more importantly why I WILL  NOT return anything via kohls.

I did try this once, the kohls person did not process my return correctly. I ended up calling amazon to get it fixed, processed and get my refund back.

This process I do not recommend!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@homedecor1   Prime example as to why I tried this service once soon after it began a couple of years ago, more importantly why I WILL  NOT return anything via kohls.

I did try this once, the kohls person did not process my return correctly. I ended up calling amazon to get it fixed, processed and get my refund back.

This process I do not recommend!!!!!!!!!!

You must have gotten a bad clerk.  I have used this service several times.  I usually have confirmation of the return and credit issued before I get back to the car. And Kohls gave me a 25% off coupon for my next visit. No complaints here.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

I have used the return option at Kohl's for Amazon and it worked out fine.

The delivery people, UPS, USPS, FEDEX have all been extrremely busy due to all the craziness this year.  My SIL was the Postmaster for a town in MA and retired in early March.   She actually got called back to work, they begged her because they just couldn't handle the situation at hand.  She worked for a month straight without any days off.

Only time she's ever done that was at Christmas!  

Trusted Contributor

I only returned through Kohls once (only time I have need to return something in a long long time) and my money was back in my bank before i got home.  It was seamless.

Respected Contributor

Kohl's Amazon returns are great for me also....short lines, you don't have to have a box, out the door in no time.  Great service.