Honored Contributor

Re: A pet peeve - this drives me crazy

Oh and something else.   I love to be behind the person buying groceries, probably for the month, full cart, and never once goes in her handbag for a wallet or card or anything until the cashier gives her the total.   Oh good grief did you not know you have to pay for all this!   Then she fiddles in her handbag for a while.

Listen, I "own" my space when shopping and I also allow for your space too.    Don't rush me and I won't push you.

I guess that makes me a cranky old lady!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

While I totally understand your point, I find that if I need to put away change or whatever I just grab my stuff and move out of the way of the next customer.  

I figure it's probably not fair of me to hold up the next person.  

It can be equally frustrating when one is that 'next customer' and the previous customer is dinking around putting stuff away and doing whatever all (for sometimes way too long!) when I need to get on with my life as much as they do.  Smiley Happy

If I am deciding how to pay, I get the money/card/etc out before it's actually time to pay.  If I'm paying by cash I grab some coin too, so that I'm ready for whatever the damage is.

THIS! My pet peeve in this regard is having to wait for the person ahead of me who doesn't get OUT OF THE WAY so I can input my cards, etc - or even acknowledge the checker's greeting. I try to take minimal time when handed the receipt and move on ASAP, but occasionally take a few seconds - tough on them. I also take the time to put my card or change back in my wallet at the drive-thru. I don't take 10 minutes, but I do it. If I invariably have to wait for those who have no clue, I don't care about those who get annoyed when I take 30-40 seconds.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Oh and something else.   I love to be behind the person buying groceries, probably for the month, full cart, and never once goes in her handbag for a wallet or card or anything until the cashier gives her the total.   Oh good grief did you not know you have to pay for all this!   Then she fiddles in her handbag for a while.

Listen, I "own" my space when shopping and I also allow for your space too.    Don't rush me and I won't push you.

I guess that makes me a cranky old lady!

When you see a person with a huge cart why would you not get in a different line?

Esteemed Contributor

Here's my pet peeve:

Family and friends who call or come over and crank just about everything.  Their toenail hurts, their eyelashes fall out, the neighbor looked at them funny, etc.  Really?  With all the things going on in the world, do you really think your complaints are 'breaking news'?  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

My mom took forever to put her change away   Change went in one wallet, bills in another separated by paper clips.  I would get so irritated with her because she was holding up the whole line.   When I was with her, I took her change and moved off to the side so she could take as long as she needed to arrange her bills.   

Cashiers need to to keep the line moving...

That was very considerate to do.  ITA they do need to keep lines moving.  And especially when the lottery is a big jackpot, they really need to move things along.

I don't mean to be critical of her, but I don't think she realized how long it took her.  Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

While I totally understand your point, I find that if I need to put away change or whatever I just grab my stuff and move out of the way of the next customer.  

I figure it's probably not fair of me to hold up the next person.  

It can be equally frustrating when one is that 'next customer' and the previous customer is dinking around putting stuff away and doing whatever all (for sometimes way too long!) when I need to get on with my life as much as they do.  Smiley Happy

If I am deciding how to pay, I get the money/card/etc out before it's actually time to pay.  If I'm paying by cash I grab some coin too, so that I'm ready for whatever the damage is.

oh so agree! I get my change and step aside to put it away. I never understood why people can't simply do that instead of holding up the whole line.

Same with people at the gas station- they get their receipt then put it away in the purse or wallet, grab the glasses, adjust their radios, etc meanwhile there is a huge line of cars behind them needing to get gas. 5 minutes after they completed their fill up, they are finally moving on! Ridiculous. Simply pull forward so someone else can pull in and then fiddle around. It is only common courtesty.

Respected Contributor

I'm amazed how long it takes people to back out of a parking space sometimes.   Maybe I'm just too efficient with my time (I'm very impatient).  Hahaha 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is clear that many of you seem to feel the person in front of you needs to get the heck out of  your way but when it is your turn you can take as much time as you need. Double standard.

Honored Contributor

I find the following customers far more impatient than any of the cashiers.

I know I'm slower than I used to be, so I do try to move along as fast as I can -  unless the impatient  person behind me is talking on a cellphone.  Then I become as slow as a teenager trying to evade an unwanted chore.

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I'm amazed how long it takes people to back out of a parking space sometimes.   Maybe I'm just too efficient with my time (I'm very impatient).  Hahaha 

lol Smiley Happy