Honored Contributor

Re: A personal FYI

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 I'm so sorry for your struggles. I'm 72 and could always out-spell anyone in my school. I'm an excellent speller but when I post here I do use the Spell Check function. I figure if I spell something wrong, so be it.

I tend to be nit picky about myself but if I see something spelled wrong, it doesn't bother me!

I wish you all the very best.

Respected Contributor

Sounds as though most of us are in the same boat.

Things don't come as quickly and with as much ease as before.

Mostly eye issues and my tendency to emulate ee cummings. Extra vitamins seem to help me.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I've always enjoyed reading your posts.  No matter what or how you write I'll still find the pleasure in reading it. You are a wonderful asset on this forum. I hope the best for you. 

Frequent Contributor

I don't want to alarm you but you could have had a mini stroke or TIA.   I had a mini stroke in 10/2018 and TIA in 02/2019.   I had some difficulty in speech and recalling words immediately afterwards but have improved over the past year.  I didn't think I had a stroke, my only symptom was extreme dizziness and some loss of use in left arm.  Within a few hours, I felt better.  This was on a Saturday.  Monday it started again, husband called our doctor and he said go to the ER immediately.  We did, and numerous test later it was confirmed I had a stroke.  Good luck. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing unsettling concerns.  I hope that it's just a minor problem that can be easily solved. 

I've never noticed any problems with the mechanics of your posts but instead the thoughtful message that I enjoy reading even if I don't always agree!

I think we tend to be hard on ourselves when things don't always go the way we think they should.  I have a touch of ADD along with some vision issues and sometimes struggle with spelling and getting my message across clearly.

Wishing you the very best!...good luck with your doctor visit.  Perhaps a change of diet, exercise or suppliments might help to clear your mind.

Valued Contributor

Wishing you good luck and good health!

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed a thing! You are very well-spoken, articulate and write very well. Are you using an IPad by chance? I feel like it fights against me when I'm typing and skips, adds words, even replaces normal words with words I never even use. 

i appreciate your sharing this with us and praying your visit with the doctor is a reassuring one. I can't help but wonder if the additional stress we are all experiencing is contributing to not feeling like we're firing on all cylinders. It may be a medicine you're taking perhaps?

i found myself trying to remember how to spell "would" and I had to double check there wasn't an h in it just the other day.  

in the meantime, just keep posting away, I enjoy your company here. 
Best wishes to you and let us know how it goes. 

Respected Contributor

I wonder if it could possibly be a TIA - transient ischemic attack. In other words, a small stroke. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3, it took courage for you to share this with us and I admire your strength in doing so. You recognize that what is happening is not normal and you are seeking medical intervention to help in finding a diagnosis. I will pray for a positive outcome and I know that your DH and DD will be there for you. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3,   I haven't noticed it and have always thought you were well spoken.  No run-on sentences like I do! I enjoy all of your posts. With that said, I want you to know I don't take what you say lightly. 

I have many of these exact same things happening to me. Part of my memory problems stem from being under anesthesia for so long (6 hrs.) when I had open heart surgery 3 yrs. ago.  It left me with short term memory problems and has wiped away some of my memory.  I'm told the damage is permanent.  They are coming out with more and more medications to successfully treat some of these things and I have seen them do miracles!

I don't know how old you are but for me, at my age, some of this is normal and to be expected.  If, however,  you know that yours is getting worse, I think it's time to take the bull by the horn and see what the doctor says.  My Dad's memory was failing and once they found the right medications to help him, he held intelligent adult conversation with us till he passed away three years ago at 89. It's scary, I know.  Once in a while I put my head in my hands and have a good cry.  Nothing wrong with that and it helps.  Please know that I will be praying for you.