Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3  I had not noticed anything different with your posts; but, since you are rightfully concerned, I hope that your doctor can help and get to the problem that is causing you distress.

Like others who have posted here, I also look at words and not only need to use the spell check feature here, but I also google to make sure.  I have no idea whether it is an age thing, but I have always been very good with spelling and grammar.  It can be frustrating.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  Make sure you address with your Doctor any medication you are on....some of these affect the brain.

I have always been a terrible speller.  I have some sort of dyslexia  when it comes to spelling...I also have a terrible sense of direction....north east south....I do not know what is which. This is  Why I do not drive far from home or ever drive to someplace I have never been. I would never get home😄.  And I am serious!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 -

I had been thinking of you and thinking I hadn't seen your posts so much and hoping you were ok-I would definitely miss you!

I hope everything will be manageable after you go to the dr.

And its ok if spelling or grammar or anything else is not accurate! You are still the person you are!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I read most of the posts and haven't noticed. I'm a stickler for correct spelling, grammar and not running one sentence into the other. I'm not educated, but I'm good at this. I'll be 80 yrs young in 2 months. Today I ventured out - to buy GAS and then to the bank. I used to be so quick moving and realized that I've become slow - and a bit confused. When I pumped the gas - for a couple of seconds, I didn't know where to hang up the hose. Then I went into the bank - it was just me in the bank - putting on my mask --- and taking out my money to be deposited with my bank card from my purse, then putting the card in the little gizmo took a few seconds.The bank teller was wearing a mask and is now behind a shield - and I lost some of my hearing - so I couldn't hear her.

In the past, these errands were so simple and I didn't give it a thought. Now, I'm a little shaky and slower.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 , I applaud your candor and willingness to share. I hope your physician will be able to find the cause and if treatable you will be restored to feel confident again in your writing abilities.

There is so much more I wish I could say but fear this board isn't the safest place to share. Just know I understand....

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3   I have an Amazon Echo at my elbow, a Dot in the bedroom.  When I get stuck on a word, I just ask Alexa to spell it for me.  Don't have to spell it to find it, just pronounce it.

I make some errors due to vision problems.  I have developing macular degeneration so don't always see my errors.  I correct them after the fact if I see them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I am sorry you are experiencing this. You are doing the right thing to check with your doctor.

When my grandmother was 98 she started "missplacing" words as she described it. She did make us laugh when we asked her something and her response was either, "when do you need to know?" or "I'll get back with you". We had her tested and it turned out she had a vitamin deficiency. I am hoping yours will be something as simple.

doxie

Keep posting and we can just ignore the mistakes and ask questions if we need to. Your input is more important than you errors!

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers and hugs to you from Eddy and me.Heart

Maybe adjusting your diet  and resting more will help.  Don't be too hard on yourself, relax, if you forget laugh it off and calm yourself:  imho if you tense up it'll get worse.  This lockdown situation, the news, et al, all wear on our beings. so be extra kind to yourself.

Anyways, everyone here is behind you - we have your back.  So post and enjoy as we enjoy your posts!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3   I have not noticed anything off about your posts; I tend to read quickly and even if I do spot something in any post by any poster I just keep right on by.

Heaven knows my posts are not always perfect!!

I will give you major kudos for sharing and wherever this journey takes you, you know there will be much support for you. 

The sentiment will always be the same-to send you healing light.

Be well.Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I, too am sorry that you are experiencing this.

It's got to be frustrating, to say the least.

I have noticed that a co-worker of mine, who is a few years older than me, is also struggling to find words.

I hope that your doctor will be able to alleviate your fears.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.