Honored Contributor

Thank you all.

@noodleann, no worries about anything in the past. Right now the past seems trivial to me anyway.:-)

Just to be very clear, what I'm experiencing in not just a little disruption and not just involving traditionally difficult or unusual words. I am also having some similar issues with talking, but not nearly as bad.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

You have a singular talent for communication, whatever form it may take,  @suzyQ3 --  never forget that!

Respected Contributor

Re: A personal FYI

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3   I have a BA in English so I understand  your unspoken trepidation.  Clear written and spoken language is of highest importance to me.

I hope your doctor will be able to reassure you and help you and that it is not the diagnosis you fear will be given and he or she will find something else thaat can be remedied.

I will keep you in my prayers, starting now.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  I always enjoy reading your insightful posts.  You even have a gift of stating what you mean by what you sometimes leave out of your posts -- I've actually admired that several times.  Smiley Happy

I hope you get clarity to all this. It may take more than one consultation, so try not to stress about it if that possible.  You have many here who send you all the best! 

Honored Contributor

First, I hadn't noticed, and I cringe at my own spelling and grammar so there is no cause for concern on that front.

However, it's clear to you that something is wrong and that is of great concern to me. I sincerely hope a team of medical detectives can put a name to your condition and that there is help.

I've watched a dear member of our congregation (starting at age 62) slowly lose her ability to find words. She talks clearly, but now only speaks the same three phrases. Doctors in Chicago have identified her rather rare illness.

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed that about 5 years ago suddenly I couldn't spell. I won a spelling bee so I usually can spell pretty good. Now I know I have spelled a word wrong but for the life of me I don't know how to correct it. For me I think it is just part of aging.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

The best to you @suzyQ3 !!

Trusted Contributor

Typos, errors, or edits to posts are not important.  What is important is that you are being smart about having an appointment with your doctor.  

Don't be so hard on youself.  I've made many typos myself.  I think most people ignore them or don't even see them as they understand the gist of what the poster is trying to relay.   

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 I don't have any words of wisdom, but I have never noticed anything wrong with your spelling.  I enjoy your posts.  🌷

Frequent Contributor

Bless your heart.....I feel your pain.  I