Honored Contributor

Re: A new home for the Beckhams?

That woman who is a friend of my daughters is 'supposedly' building the biggest house in America.  She asked my daughter if she wanted to go see it and my daughter said, "No thanks".  

I doubt now that it is the biggest but if you google it, it still comes up that way.  Supposedly, they are going to finish it, it's been years and she doesn't live in it (she lives near my daughter).

She had (I believe 8 children) and one died last year while we were visiting my daughter. Her children (twins) are always over my daughter's house because they are friends with my granddaughters.

She doesn't act like she's full of herself my daughter says.  

I buy all of the rag magazines and usually there's a thread of truth and the writers make up the rest.  Why would they want such a big house?  Ugh!  It seems like it would be like being in a hotel.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66to paraphrase and old saying, It's much but it isn't home.

Honored Contributor

@cherry That's a good way to say it.  I've never been impressed by stuff like that.  Not that I knew anyone with that kind of money or house.  I taught my girls to not be impressed by what people HAVE but be impressed by what they've ACCOMPLISHED.  

It seems like this daughter lives her life that way.  Makes me feel good at least something stuck!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66if it was the former home of the Spelling family, you can see why Tori is such a shopaholic

Candy even had a gift wrapping room. Twenty seven bathrooms thats absurd

Honored Contributor

@cherry Oh!  OK, I remember the gift wrapping room!  Ha!  I guess Ms Spelling thought it would never sell...I watch a show where there are a lot of stupid houses like this.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

That woman who is a friend of my daughters is 'supposedly' building the biggest house in America.  She asked my daughter if she wanted to go see it and my daughter said, "No thanks".  

I doubt now that it is the biggest but if you google it, it still comes up that way.  Supposedly, they are going to finish it, it's been years and she doesn't live in it (she lives near my daughter).

She had (I believe 8 children) and one died last year while we were visiting my daughter. Her children (twins) are always over my daughter's house because they are friends with my granddaughters.

She doesn't act like she's full of herself my daughter says.  

I buy all of the rag magazines and usually there's a thread of truth and the writers make up the rest.  Why would they want such a big house?  Ugh!  It seems like it would be like being in a hotel.

@Annabellethecat66

There are six of them and their families are in the UK as far as I know.

Considering that, 14 bedrooms doesn't sound like a lot for various relatives and visiting business women and men.

Did anyone see the recent Hallmark Christmas movie, The Perfect Christmas?  For sure, that family could have made use of 14 bedrooms.

Respected Contributor

If they are considering buying the house, it appears that Victoria would use some of the space for working on her fashion line and certain sections would be used for business purposes, entertaining (and one of their children was mentioned as having a dance studio),  etc. .  So it's more than just living quarters.   

I think the estate is spectacular.  I'd give it a whirl if I could afford it. 

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

If they are considering buying the house, it appears that Victoria would use some of the space for working on her fashion line and certain sections would be used for business purposes, entertaining (and one of their children was mentioned as having a dance studio),  etc. .  So it's more than just living quarters.   

I think the estate is spectacular.  I'd give it a whirl if I could afford it. 

So would I @RoughDraft, then I would have lots of extended family and friends over all the time.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

If you are planning to run a business out of your home, you better check the zoning first..................especially if your clients require parking

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Bottom line, it is terrible to assume things about anyone because of how much money they do or don't have.  Same thing

It is also a good thing to admire people who have been successful because how on earth otherwise do we teach kids to aim for success in their lives?  

We teach them "do what you love" they they are upset when they are living in a tent at 35.   When and why did it become a sin to be successful and WORK HARD????

I don't think anyone on this thread thought it was ,until a couple of scolds put their own twisted spin on things

"until a couple of scolds put their own twisted spin on things".  I don't like the term "twisted spin" @cherry.  I'm one of the "scolds" you're referring to.  Twisted is a strange and insulting word to use for a simple reply on a thread.  I don't appreciate it.  I really don't.  It's not nice.

Post #6 referred to wishing that people would "do some good with their money" .  That's what I was referring to and I stand by my earlier post.  I posted within the rules of the forum and have a right, within those rules, to post it.  You seem insulted that a few of us responded as we did.  No need.  Just stating my opinion on one of the posts, just like you.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?