Esteemed Contributor

He has already lost his antlers and I'm worried they were taken before they fell off.  It is almost time for shed, but you usually see bucks lose one at a time.  His face and head are pretty white, so I've named him Herzog (after Whitey Herzog, long time manager of my St Louis Cardinals).

20210125_131957.jpg

I think he's an old man like Harley (who hasn't been around lately) 

20210125_132202.jpg

Now, for some others

20210125_132039.jpg

20210125_132321.jpg

20210125_132436.jpg

20210121_170755.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

It's an honor to meet Herzog!  What a handsome buck he is!  I do hope he is OK after losing his antlers and that it was nature's way.  I know he is a lucky guy to have found the Wick's haven and feeding post!  The sign says all are welcome, whether it be regulars or new visitors!  

Valued Contributor

I'm making beef stew today and I'm low on carrots.  Darn, I wish I were your neighbor.  If the antlers didn't fall off naturally, do people remove them or they lose them in a fight. Nice to have a new face and he is a handsome buck.  Thanks for the pics.

Honored Contributor
@MamaWick

It's nice to "meet" some new deer friends and see some current ones too.

Thanks for the wonderful photos. They made my day

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I love the markings around Herzog's mouth.  They remind me of the plasti piece I put in my mask!!  He is a very handsome young buck.  

Honored Contributor

Re: A new boy (to me)

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick 

Thank you for the photos.  Hertzog does appear a bit miffed in the first photo.  I would be too if someone stole

my antlers!  Hopefully, that didn’t happen.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Re: A new boy (to me)

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick  A hearty welcome to Herzog!   Those grey muzzles and faces of all animals have special a place in my heart.  The stories I'm sure Herzog could tell.  

Looks like you had a great turnout today.   Thank you as always for sharing your beautiful pictures.  

Woofs to sweet Cricket.  Hope she got to enjoy the sunshine today.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Got to ask, how would his antlers be taken?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick - Another handsome buck coming to your yard. Word is getting out about those snacks you are handing out. Herzog really has such a cute face - I thought he seemed young. Thank you for the pics.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest  I'm going to put my answer in a spoiler box in case there is anyone who really doesn't want to know. 

Spoiler
There are those who want trophies.  They will bait the animal and trap him in order to remove the antlers.  Bucks will eventually shed the antlers, but if they are removed prematurely, it is traumatic.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix