Honored Contributor

Re: 🚗 A mysterious button appeared in my car.... 🚗

@Twins Mom wrote:

Might I suggest it is time for MANY drivers to try out various light switches, get out of the car and observe what's on and what isn't, try next switch and repeat process.  Many drivers take for granted their real headlights on when in fact it's only front running lights.  So obvious when drivers out on rainy days or dusk.  It's scary observing drivers without lights and basically unrecognizable to others.  PLEASE.

@Twins Mom I know exactly what you're talking about.  I've been on highways at night and I'll see no brake lights in front of me.  As I pass, I'll see their dashboard lit up.  So they must assume that their headlights are on.  And when you get in front of them, only the parking/running lights are on.  I don't know how they can see!  

But the thing is, you usually have to ask someone else to check your lights for you.  Some don't come on till I put the car in drive.

Honored Contributor

Here we go......

Glove department:  This morning I sat in the passenger seat for the very first time.

Took everything out to see what I can trash & to put things back neatly.

A "switch" mysteriously appeared on the side.

It's a light switch which is set to off as default.  You can manually turn the light on or have it come on automatically everytime the glove box is opened.  I left it off since I rarely use the glove box. 

Incidently, I found my mother's extra pair of eyeglasses which she thought she lost. 

Steering Wheel:  Ok folks, I knew I could move it up & down.  I DID NOT know I could also move it towards & away from me.  Found this out when I sneezed. hidemf3.gif

Back Seats:  No hooks to hang clothes near the back windows!!! icon_exclaim.gifWhen did Ford get rid of them??? Mad As Hell.gif

Tomorrow's pet car project: 

My car "talks" to me.  Will tell me if a connection is compatible or not.  So I will find out if my never used flip phone can connect/pair to my car to make calls since it has bluetooth/wifi & a USB port.

Connect/pair one of my DOTs to the car.

I've been using my iPod in my car w/success for 2 1/2 yrs.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom 

@Lucky Charm 

I turned my "auto" lights OFF.  I find they come on when not needed....cloudy & partly cloudy days.  I rarely drive at night.  I use to use tape to cover up the thingy on the dashboard that triggers auto lights on & off. 

On my last car check up, the mechanic removed the tape & turned the lights button to the OFF position.  Told me I do not need auto lights ON unless it's raining.  Told me to turn headlights on manally.  Battery will last longer. 

It's the law in N.J to turn headlights on if raining.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Don't I wish I had park assist.  And backup assist.  And auto braking.  And lane keeper.  My prayer is I live long enough to buy a used car with all this stuff.  We never buy new because we live on a brutal gravel road.  But I am going to look for that dashboard thingy.  More than once I've wanted to ramp it up or tone it down.

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I have you all beat. My car was made in the last century, and I've read the whole manual, twice.

Still have to look up how to reset the clock when Daylight Saving starts or ends. Smiley Sad

I also don't know how to reset the clock. As a matter of fact, there are little buttons on the steering wheel that u press---and then u look at the dash to do whatever. It's GREEK to me!!! I'm electronically challenged because I'm old.

Respected Contributor

During holiday season we were in highway during rush hour traffic .  Early evening and several cars only had running lights on - no taillights.  A couple with no headlights. The "clincher of stupidity" was the car we passed that had no headlights but the dashboard was lit up with interior lights too - passengers and driver eating!