Trusted Contributor

Re: A murder in my quiet neighborhood!

Sweetee2          

I took care of my father for 3 years with MS. We had all of dad's medical care came to our home from the VA . They are Angles. Anyway it came to a point they said dad needed someone Thier 24 hours a day.  So I went through the 3 different agencys. 2 of which are advertise on tv. It was joke. The people they sent were just anyone. All that had to say was that had taken care of Thier grandma and that were hired. Where I live there is no government regulations on who they hire or care they give. The agencies sad the problem was that I was Thier everyday. I said are you kidding me. Of course I'm going to be  there everyday.      I know how exhausting it is to take care of a love one. Dad been gone 2 years and I still fill exhausted. So everyone let's have some compassion  for this poor lady and this horrible thing that has happened to her and her family, and what they will  have to live with for generations to come.

Honored Contributor

Evidence and parts of the victim's body were burned, as well.

As of yesterday, authorities said, 

“We’re really starting to investigate the overall thing that has led to this, and the motive to this, and anybody else could potentially be convicted,” he said. “We will continue to investigate the scene … to either confirm or eliminate other people’s involvement.”

The daughter said she was showing early signs of dementia, but yet neighbors recall seeing her walk around the neighborhood up to 2 days prior to disappearing. 

Hummm....evidence & remains being burned.  

I wonder if "other people's involvement" would include the daughter

depending on the 'evidence' found which was burnt. 

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Rumor is that the victim had several bouts of vomiting and dirahhea during the day and that the caretaker had to clean up several rounds of it and that she just "snapped".  The caretaker had been there for a year as the daily caregiver.

If the rumor is true, that puts the daughter as greater suspect. 

85yr old who was sick during the day....why would the mother lock her bedroom door? Then the daughter knowing she was that ill....and isn't concerned about the health of the mother during the evening?    

I realize not caring isn't against the law, but there's not a common sense 'flow' to the story.

Respected Contributor

IF the daughter was involved, it seems like the woman under arrest would be singing like a little birdie to try to make things easier on herself.  JMHO

Esteemed Contributor

The caretaker did not mention to the daughter that the mother had gotten I'll multiple times during the day.  Probably because she knew that the daughter would definitely be checking on her if she knew that.  That story came out as part of the investigation.

Honored Contributor

What state was this in?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

That is so sad and no wonder the elderly are fearful.

My great uncle had  caregivers in the home. My aunt did what she could for him at night so they didn't use one then.

One of the newer part time caregivers told her husband who was recently released from jail that my uncle and aunt had a nice home and kept money there.

He came back at night and tied them up until they told him where the money was. My aunt who was feisty fought back and the bum beat her senseless. Her brain injury was so severe that she was never the same. She could not communicate or take care of herself. It was awful. My uncle didn't live every long after that and neither did she.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine any senior locking their bedroom door at night. In case of a health emergency (which often happens during the night) no one could get in to her fast.  That seems so odd to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

What state was this in?

See post 28 and 29.

Esteemed Contributor

@Melania

OMG...I'm so sorry...they experienced what a lot of elderly people fear the most.  Sickening and I hope the perps rot rot rot!!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~