Esteemed Contributor

Re: A murder in my quiet neighborhood!

@ROMARY wrote:

Itiswhatitis:  I meant our friends, not the daughter in this thread.  I'll have to edit.

Oh, thanks for the clarification ROMARY1.Smiley Happy

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

It's a sad fact that in this world we live in no one is really safe anywhere.   I don't enjoy shopping like I used to, even if you are in a store you are not safe,  recently I had two experiences in national chain stores,  not everyone is there to shop. We need to be alert at all times.  This is a sad terrible story, unfortunately the elderly are often targets.   after an incident in front of my house a few Summers ago I don't go anywhere without pepper spray and my large keychain is always in my hands. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pepper spray is ideal............not too much damage to a predator, so we hopefully won't get into much trouble protecting ourselves.  I'll have to figure out where we can buy it. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Rumor is that the victim had several bouts of vomiting and dirahhea during the day and that the caretaker had to clean up several rounds of it and that she just "snapped".  The caretaker had been there for a year as the daily caregiver.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Rumor is that the victim had several bouts of vomiting and dirahhea during the day and that the caretaker had to clean up several rounds of it and that she just "snapped".  The caretaker had been there for a year as the daily caregiver.

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

Woman Sad

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Wow.  Dismembering someone is a pretty strong "snap."  I just feel so bad for that poor woman, & her daughter who now has to deal with all of this.  I hope she has family & friends nearby to support her.

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Pepper spray is ideal............not too much damage to a predator, so we hopefully won't get into much trouble protecting ourselves.  I'll have to figure out where we can buy it. 

Or we could take the advice of our top law enforcement official and "show love."

Sounds like the caretaker needed a hug after a difficult day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

How awful! That poor lady.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Isn't dismembering a body at least as ICKY as vomiting and diarrhea?

If the "rumor" is true, the caretaker should have called the daughter to come home because her mother was ill.

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet  My condolences for your neighbor's family.  So sad to place trust in someone and this tragedy to happen. Prayers for this family but also to your community that you all begin to feel safe again.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!