Honored Contributor

Re: A murder in my quiet neighborhood!

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@KALLIE wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Does everybody here thrive on tradgey or what.  geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!  You all just love posting bad news. 

@BlingQueen022  What a nasty post to the OP.  You knew what this thread was about from the title - you could have passed it by but you didn't - you read it.  People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

My mother had a caregiver for years before she passed, so this thread should serve as a warning to all of us in that situation.  Your post was unnecessarily nasty.  Next time you disapprove of a thread, just pass it on by instead of passing judgement on the original poster.

EXACTLY!!!

It's amazing on how all the negative nellies come out of the woodwork.  Thanks for the laugh of the day.  Totally needed it hahahahahahahahaha

@BlingQueen022 That is quite funny hahahaha because yours is the only nasty post I see on this thread!   So yes, quite amusing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Years and years ago, an agency suggested to our friends that it's a good idea to alternate even good caregivers.  And that sometimes (not always, of course), human nature-wise, they  perhaps could become possessive and/or controlling when they are in one home for too long.  I always remember that suggestion and have kept it in mind.  (Underline 'sometimes' and 'perhaps could'. And my guess is that they *(our friends) might have been having problems with a particular caregiver.)   .......*Edited

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@KathyPet ... and just when you think you are living in a nice, safe community! It just shows that things like this can happen anywhere. We should never feel we are so secure that we aren't always watching over our shoulders and looking out for one another.

I live in a little town of not quite 8,000 people. We feel so safe here, yet we had a 17 year old girl kill both of her parents a while back. She was recently given 23 years in prison. She was an abused child. It made the national news but was overshadowed by the Orlando killings....rightly so. Usually, nothing ever happens here. Sad when a seemingly safe little town has to make the national news for its murders. Smiley Sad

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

That is just horrible.

The daughter didn't check on her mother when she came home Friday night, only Saturday morning?

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

That is just horrible.

The daughter didn't check on her mother when she came home Friday night, only Saturday morning?

That's what was posted but I hope you are not implying - as it sounds like you are - that anything is the daughter's fault.  The mother was no doubt dead by then anyway.   Yes, the daughter should have checked but please don't play the blame game here - I'm sure the daughter feels horrible enough.

Respected Contributor

How awful.

A horrible case in San Diego ended in the deaths of two best friends. The murderer was the caregiver. One daugher said the caregiver was a smooth talker had her and the agency fooled. This isn't a very regulated industry so please extra cautious when selecting caregivers.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/on-air/as-seen-on/381277231.html

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

That is just horrible.

That's what was posted but I hope you are not implying - as it sounds like you are - that anything is the daughter's fault.  The mother was no doubt dead by then anyway.   Yes, the daughter should have checked but please don't play the blame game here - I'm sure the daughter feels horrible enough.

I am not implying anything of the sort.

Respected Contributor

It happened in West Virginia and there are articles online.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor
Respected Contributor

From an article found online:

A criminal complaint attached to Moss-Hopkins’ court documents notes that she directed investigators to the area in Romney where the remains were discovered. The complaint states that Moss-Hopkins “explained that the condition of the body would be horrible.”

The complaint also states, “‘What I did to the body,’ commenting that she was unable to talk about it.”

Capt. Donnie Lang of the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office said Moss-Hopkins had been a home caregiver to Sinclair for about a year.

He said that Moss-Hopkins, who was not employed by a business, would perform household tasks like cleaning. She was paid for her work, but Lang would not comment on the amount or frequency of those payments and said she had no other job that he knew of.

“(Sinclair’s) daughter works during the day, so (Moss-Hopkins) would come in, do some basic things,” he said.

He said investigators are still looking into possible motives.

“We’re really starting to investigate the overall thing that has led to this, and the motive to this, and anybody else could potentially be convicted,” he said. “We will continue to investigate the scene … to either confirm or eliminate other people’s involvement.”