Honored Contributor

Re: A murder in my quiet neighborhood!

@colliegirls wrote:

I can't imagine any senior locking their bedroom door at night. In case of a health emergency (which often happens during the night) no one could get in to her fast.  That seems so odd to me.

ITA....especially since (as rumored) she had vomiting & diarrhea earlier that day.  

Respected Contributor

@Melania wrote:

That is so sad and no wonder the elderly are fearful.

My great uncle had  caregivers in the home. My aunt did what she could for him at night so they didn't use one then.

One of the newer part time caregivers told her husband who was recently released from jail that my uncle and aunt had a nice home and kept money there.

He came back at night and tied them up until they told him where the money was. My aunt who was feisty fought back and the bum beat her senseless. Her brain injury was so severe that she was never the same. She could not communicate or take care of herself. It was awful. My uncle didn't live every long after that and neither did she.

Oh that's just terrible. I hope the attacker was put away for a long time. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@JobGirl wrote:

No we all just live in the real world-

what a ridiculous post-do we all love bad news.....

No, you are the ridiculous one.  And mean.

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

That is so sad and no wonder the elderly are fearful.

My great uncle had  caregivers in the home. My aunt did what she could for him at night so they didn't use one then.

One of the newer part time caregivers told her husband who was recently released from jail that my uncle and aunt had a nice home and kept money there.

He came back at night and tied them up until they told him where the money was. My aunt who was feisty fought back and the bum beat her senseless. Her brain injury was so severe that she was never the same. She could not communicate or take care of herself. It was awful. My uncle didn't live every long after that and neither did she.

Oh my Gosh Melania, that is so sad!  How awful for someone to have to endure that.  I am so sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

No one should know if you keep money or valuables in your house.

It's very dangerous for that to get out.

Elderly people sometimes do not understand or recognize the danger they place themselves in by revealing such matters.

I know a old man right now who has a bank safe in his house, with no telling how much money and coins in it.

He doesn't even know me.

Honored Contributor

This is a horrible story. I am not one that believes a person to be guilty of a crime until and before due process.

Has to raise concerns to those that live in that area for sure, especially in an over 55 community. My condolences to her daughter, I just can't imagine what and how she must be feeling. May she not place the blame on herself for this horrific event.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)