Trusted Contributor

Re: A much-needed respite -- for those who enjoy classical music

These Dances are some favorite pieces of mine.

I especially love Dance No. 2, Opus 72. It sounds kind of sad, but then it has these bright and beautiful moments.

I grew up listening to all kinds of different music in my family.

My parents were amateur musicians. 

They appreciated all different types of music--soft rock, classical, easy-listening, rock, and jazz. 

They always had the stereo playing some kind of record albums, especially on the weekends. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

So nice to hear from fans of classical music. It came to me somewhat later in life, when I think that I was more ready to understand and love it.

Like you, I also discovered it when I was older.   I keep my radio set to the classical station.   When my husband and I have to travel in heavy traffic we always have a classical Cd playing.    It relaxes us and keeps our stress level down.  

I also play classical music for our bird.  He seems to enjoy it and I've noticed that he sings much more when it is playing.   

@J Town Girl Your post reminded me...when my kids were little I introduced them to the Peer Gynt Suite, and told them how Peer was with some trolls and was in a dance contest during "In The Hall Of The Mountain King".  They definitely "got it" ...how the tempo and buildup of the music matched the storyline.  They both grew up to love all kinds of music.  

So interesting how your bird reacts to music, too!

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE classical music and listen to it daily. I wish it were piped into doctors' offices and hospitals!

Honored Contributor

That was very nice. I enjoyed listening to it.

I like classical music, my favorite composer is Mendelssohn.  I even liked it as a child.

Honored Contributor

@CarmieYes!  I love Mendelssohn and wish his works were played more often.  WFMT played the entire violin concerto yesterday.  One of my favorite pieces.