Honored Contributor

Re: A much needed ray of sunshine

[ Edited ]

Did someone say chocolate? I have a private stash. After I just make a small dent in it, I bless it and close it up again.

I hope more will share their dreams, coping skills, or even, yes,disappointments here. It could be Zoom-ish but without having to look decent.

It's human contact, and that's what matters.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I just finished up the last smidge of my Chocolate 🍫 

Easter Bunny.   YUUUUUMMMY!

Did not share even a tiny bite.  😀

Welcome to my chocolate store! Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

Chocoholics, not so Anonymous!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

A good friend of mine, a teacher and owner of a dance studio, who is always crazy busy, has had even more stress since March when the schools went "virtual", but last week she got to visit with her tiny grandson and the cloud lifted for several days.  The pics she sent me were so joyful, so full of life and love.  It made me so happy just to see them.

I've dealt with the isolation pretty well for the past however many weeks it's been, since mid-March, until this week when the reality hit that if the place I work out of (I am an independent contractor) isn't permitted to open soon, sometime in June, it is most likely going to go under.  And the surrounding studios aren't faring any better.  I am having trouble with this reality and it frightens me.  And makes me sad and very anxious.

My cat, Nelson, though, he makes me laugh a lot lately.  He's decided that jumping onto my shoulder, from wherever he happens to think he might land well, is the best fun ever.  He's like a big furry bird on my shoulder.

But when he misses and has to steady himself, oh, ouch.....

Cat LOL

The trainer who owned the small studio I went to has closed for good...sooo very sad..she has been offering zoom classes free for a couple of weeks and will start charging soon.when social distance stay at home junk is over,she will be training out of her home.I think that could work but I am really going to miss the ladies that have all been together for over ten years.

I have been doing virtual training as well, but my clients are fewer and I don't charge what I would charge for an in person session as I don't think virtual training is nearly as "personal" (and I am a personal trainer, I work one on one) as the medium is just not conducive to movement correction, plus most people don't have much exercise equipment in their homes to work with so our options are both different and limiting.  I had spent almost 2 and a half years building my client base and then this thing happened and well, my income is very much diminished.

I fear that there will be a lot of places that will have to close, and grouip classes will be particularly problematic if and when they can resume.  Distancing is going to keep the amount of people allowed in a facility at one time very limited.

I work out of a small studio and we'll be hard pressed to have 4 bodies in the place at one time and keep the requisite 6 foot distance.

Whine over.

For now.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

A good friend of mine, a teacher and owner of a dance studio, who is always crazy busy, has had even more stress since March when the schools went "virtual", but last week she got to visit with her tiny grandson and the cloud lifted for several days.  The pics she sent me were so joyful, so full of life and love.  It made me so happy just to see them.

I've dealt with the isolation pretty well for the past however many weeks it's been, since mid-March, until this week when the reality hit that if the place I work out of (I am an independent contractor) isn't permitted to open soon, sometime in June, it is most likely going to go under.  And the surrounding studios aren't faring any better.  I am having trouble with this reality and it frightens me.  And makes me sad and very anxious.

My cat, Nelson, though, he makes me laugh a lot lately.  He's decided that jumping onto my shoulder, from wherever he happens to think he might land well, is the best fun ever.  He's like a big furry bird on my shoulder.

Cat LOL

The trainer who owned the small studio I went to has closed for good...sooo very sad..she has been offering zoom classes free for a couple of weeks and will start charging soon.when social distance stay at home junk is over,she will be training out of her home.I think that could work but I am really going to miss the ladies that have all been together for over ten years.

I have been doing virtual training as well, but my clients are fewer and I don't charge what I would charge for an in person session as I don't think virtual training is nearly as "personal" (and I am a personal trainer, I work one on one) as the medium is just not conducive to movement correction, plus most people don't have much exercise equipment in their homes to work with so our options are both different and limiting.  I had spent almost 2 and a half years building my client base and then this thing happened and well, my income is very much diminished.

I fear that there will be a lot of places that will have to close, and grouip classes will be particularly problematic if and when they can resume.  Distancing is going to keep the amount of people allowed in a facility at one time very limited.

I work out of a small studio and we'll be hard pressed to have 4 bodies in the place at one time and keep the requisite 6 foot distance.

Whine over.

For now.

That would be an amazing backdrop and setup to do livestreams. An actual studio? You could have great production values. That is a golden opportunity. You could make it a special thing for your clients to get to be one of the exercisers in the video.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot 

You are certainly entitled to an occasional whine!

Best Wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Cat LOL

Whine over.

For now.

That would be an amazing backdrop and setup to do livestreams. An actual studio? You could have great production values. That is a golden opportunity. You could make it a special thing for your clients to get to be one of the exercisers in the video.

@Porcelain wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Cat LOL

Whine over.

For now.

I'm not sure I follow.  The studio isn't mine, it's one I work (or worked, as it is closed now) out of.  If it doesn't get to open soon, the owner will have to close up permanently.

I have to do virtual training out of my living room.  And it's small and not at all a training studio set up.

Just me, my phone and a tripod.  Oh, and my collection of kettlebells and bands.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot 

You are certainly entitled to an occasional whine!

Best Wishes.

Thanks, @Drythe 

I think I'll have a cookie and a glass of wine!

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I'm not sure I follow.  The studio isn't mine, it's one I work (or worked, as it is closed now) out of.  If it doesn't get to open soon, the owner will have to close up permanently.

I have to do virtual training out of my living room.  And it's small and not at all a training studio set up.

Just me, my phone and a tripod.  Oh, and my collection of kettlebells and bands.

Okay. Sounds like you've already thought about all of that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain @I feel the same about Aldi's Mosher Roth chocolate. It's the best I've had since I was in Belgium in a chocolate factory (which was devine!) I have the bars lined up in my goodie drawer. Milk chocolate is my favorite, but milk/toffee a close second. It looks like a large bar, but is small snack size inside.$1.99!