Super Contributor

Re: A long time ago, Helen Gurly Brown's "Cosmopolitan" magazine,

Way back in the day, Cosmo was a "must have" mag for any "with it" or "wannabe with it" young woman.  That Burt Reynolds centerfold was breathtaking.  I never thought to much about the tests.  After working in advertising, I realize they were probably written by interns, like most fluff filler magazine articles of no import.

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 

I used to tear out the Redbook stories and novellas and leave on my nightstand for bedtime reading.  Nice and lightweight compared to an actual book.  No painful bonk in the face  when I dozed off and the book fell into me!  I would toss the pages in the wastebasket as I read, though more often than not, I had a floor full of pages because I missed. 

Respected Contributor

The beauty salon where I had my hair done  every week had the Burt Reynolds center fold hung on the ceiling r

ight over the shampoo bowls. Loved it!!!

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

I still skim through it at the library. Some of those articles are quite enlightening 😁

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow yes I loved those things! Of course, I was in my late teens, very early 20s and was living in my own apartment and had a subscription to Cosmo. Man before kids and a husband and a mortgage, I would get home from work, get in my comfy clothes, grab my new Cosmo and relax and read.  Ahhhh, those were the days. That was before the internet where all your info came from tv news, magazines and newspapers.