Regular Contributor

This little guy came to visit us last week. He sat atop our flagpole in the backyard. 🦉 So cute!

(This is my first picture that I am posting, not sure how big or small it will come out!) 🤪🤓

4E1412AA-AF8C-4C2C-847D-C5593433CBDC.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Love, love, love this picture.

Regular Contributor

Looks like he's wearing a lot of eye makeup! 😂

Honored Contributor

So cool.

Esteemed Contributor

@JFD12 

What a great picture. I hear them at night talking with each other, sounds like 3-4 of them. Haven't seen one here for years however.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for the hearts! ❤️ So, the owl moved from the flagpole over to very near my koi pond, which I then ran out back to make sure he wasn't going to hunt my fish! Lol! All was good! 🥰 🐠 🐟 

Honored Contributor

I think owls are fascinating like many of us do.It is rare to get a picture of them. You got a good one @JFD12.

I saw one just like this sitting in my neighbor's tree a few weeks ago. Then one a few days ago much bigger. He flew over me with a huge wingspan.

We have owls and hawks around here because we live next to a forest.

I love them and I don't and I run out too when I see them stalking and say please don't eat in this yard!

😟

I know it is the food chain, the laws of nature and all that but I wish they could all be vegetarians! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I have had baby owls on my front porch railing.  I have seen large owls.  

So very interesting!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: A little visitor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

I think owls are fascinating like many of us do.It is rare to get a picture of them. You got a good one @JFD12.

I saw one just like this sitting in my neighbor's tree a few weeks ago. Then one a few days ago much bigger. He flew over me with a huge wingspan.

We have owls and hawks around here because we live next to a forest.

I love them and I don't and I run out too when I see them stalking and say please don't eat in this yard!

😟

I know it is the food chain, the laws of nature and all that but I wish they could all be vegetarians! 

@on the bay 

LOLOLOLOLOLOL..............

I hear ya!

Respected Contributor

@JFD12   Thank you for sharing your owl with us.   Great pictures.  🦉

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet