Esteemed Contributor

Re: A heads up for Trader Joe shoppers

@cherry

@cherry wrote:

They are selling California peaches once more. They are just gorgeous ,succulent, and sweet. They a beautifully packaged to arrive  in pristine condition

I have been buying them for a couple of weeks, and keep forgetting to share.Our Noel used to keep everyone abreast of the newest offerings

If you haven't tried them, you will be in for a treat, should you decide to

The are full of fiber, so they are a fruit diabetics can enjoy too.(.so dear Noel thank you for introducing me to TJ..I still miss you my friend)

Can you tell me what happen to Noel?  She was very kind to me during the Northern California fires in 2017.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition  she got banned ,and her daughter told us, she doesn't know what she said to  make it happen

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry

@cherry wrote:

@qvcaddition  she got banned ,and her daughter rold us, she doesn't know what she said to  make it happen

Oh, Thank God it wasn,t what I was thinking.  Well ,she was kind to me.  Maybe she added some good conversations with food for thought.  I realize it has to be kept light on these threads, but it can get boring.  At the same time, some are informative.  Depends on what you are looking for in light information.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We were at  TJ's just the other day.  We didn't get the peaches because we have quite a bit of locally grown produce.

TJ's is a fun place to shop-so glad they finally arrived here.

Enjoy!!Woman Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I am sure other peaches are nice too @Cakers3, but I don't live near any orchards, and I know the ones at Joe's are wonderful

The season is short ,so enjoy everyone

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone here from Long Island?  While growing up we had a summer home on Long Island, 12 miles before Riverhead, and there was a peach grove our parents took my sister and I to where they would buy boxes of big delicious peaches right from the trees.

When as an adult and living in California I had a peach tree in my backyard which partially hung over the patio.  They were the biggest peaches I ever saw.  While sitting in the living room quietly reading a book I would be startled by a loud sound...a peach falling off the tree landing on concrete, plop, thud.  Those peaches were delicious.  There was just one problem, the ones that fell off the tree attracted bees that I would have to hose off periodically!!!  We also had a nectarine tree, an orange, and a lemon tree, nothing like fresh fruit right off the tree that you could pick yourself.  I miss those days.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I have never been to TJs...the closest on is 70 miles, I often wondered what I was missing?

Esteemed Contributor

I've been burned so often at Trader Joe's on purchasing really gross pre-packaged produce, that I swore never, ever to purchase any again.  Add that experience to having been made ill by 3 take-home type foods from the deli section over a 20 year period of time.

Having moved north, I've found the produce here to be outstanding at just our local market, as it all appears to be locally sourced and not placed in cold storage forever.  Not only that, but it's incredibly cheaper than produce in California.  Am saving real bucks in produce since we moved.

I am astonished and very sad to hear about Noel.  Please send her my greetings and best wishes for wonderful holidays this year.  She, with the kind heart, is missed - that's for sure.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for heads up. I decided to stop and try. Very pleased. 😋👍
Honored Contributor

IMO traders has better peaches than Costco.  Costco has good ones though.  There is a brand called, I'm Ripe... Those are always good.  Dependable.