Trusted Contributor

Re: A good idea for vaccinating many seniors.

@Cakers3Yes, I know. 

Esteemed Contributor

Give it to the private sector and unions for their constituents. It will get done.
Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:
Give it to the private sector and unions for their constituents. It will get done.

I think that CVS and others qualify as part of the private sector. But I think ALL avenues should be open, as long as health officials are involved. @Stray 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

@Cakers3Yes, I know. 

@agb80   A source was asked for and I provided one.

That was the point of my post.

Yeesh.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

@CelticCrafter  @Gorgf 

@willdob3  is correct. You do not need to be a resident of Fl. to get the vaccine. Any state, hey, another country, if you are over 65 and have an appointment and proof of age, get in line!,,,

@Xivambala My friend got her vaccine at Hard Rock yesterday. Had appointment, waited 4 hours in drive thru.

Another friend had appointment for Markham Park, Weston yesterday. It was changed to Tradewinds Park , Pompano for today. Although her 1st appointment was for 1:31 pm, she went today at 6:45 am.  #14 in line for 8am opening. Moved smoothly thru drive thru afterwards, waited 30 minutes and then drove hour home to Miami. Will repeat in 3 weeks.

@Mindy D @Xivambala  Some advice. Some online sites or phone lines say they open at one time but open hours earlier for appointment and are then filled up when you follow rules. This happened at Jackson Health. Keep calling. Wishing you luck in sunny S.Fl.

@Zaimee @Friends were able to get the vaccine at Hard Rovk Stadium this morning. I was able to get through a few times to request an appointment but the only location was Tropival Park whic is very far from me and I think that you can't stay in your car until it's your turn but I'm not sure.

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D  So glad you got an appointment. My friend has one on Thursday-Tropical Park also. I don't know details. She was thrilled after calling for hours . The other location was Zoo Miami. She  lives about 20 minutes away.

I have another friend who went from Plantation to Vero Beach!

Frequent Contributor

@homedecor1 

I applaud your community for their foresight in developing a CERT team as well as the volunteers who participate in this program.  They must be some really sharp individuals.   Situations that develop seem to run more smoothly when planned and executed closest to the community.

The federal government many months ago advised all states to develop plans for distribution of the vaccine.  The CDC issued guidance on how to prioritize the allocation of the vaccine.  Looks like some states and communities did better than others.

Sounds like you live in a great community!

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

I think that CVS and others qualify as part of the private sector. But I think ALL avenues should be open, as long as health officials are involved. @Stray 

@suzyQ3 - during the year there was a flu vaccine shortage and again during the H1N1 outbreak, I was working for a large fortune 100 company.  We communicated with NYS Health Dept & stated we had many high risk employees.  They released doses to us and we had to record each dose, health condition etc and return it to DOH.  We had 6500 employees at the four locations.  There was no involvement with the local Gov or Federal Govt., we had our own nurses and it was a very efficient seamless operation.  CVS is contracted with CMS to deliver flu vaccine and now Covid so it's an established chain of delivery.  Walgreens as well.  But in my state, The Gov stated CVS is doing a better job.  But right now, they are just doing nursing homes, prisons, congregate living.  

etc.  

you are right, there needs to be control, if not, vaccine will go to the highest bidder.