Honored Contributor

Re: A gator in my garage. Oh my!

[ Edited ]

@Drlinda wrote:

I love living in Florida.  Best state in the union.  Beautiful especially in February when most of the world is here.  The alligators are not going to pursue a human, unless defending there nests or being fed.  They are like most wild animals, afraid of humans. 

I agree with most of what you say, however a full grown gator, cornered inside a garage is dangerous. I live here too. I even live in an area that was part of the Everglades not too long ago. I love the wildlife here and I respect each creature’s role in the ecosystem and food webs we have, but gators can get might cantankerous. Fortunately, they are much less aggressive than crocs. They don’t usually charge after a full grown human, but they have done so.🐊🐊🐊

Honored Contributor

Between a gator, or those huge phyton snakes, i would take the gator.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Although that's a big one, but like many here I would prefer to see that than a snake.  I wouldn't be terrified of an aligator, but if I had small children I would be very concerned if they were playing in the yard.

I wonder how something that large gets into a garage undetected.  Aren't all you Florida people programmed to keep things buttoned up all the time?

Respected Contributor

Seems to me the gators were there first.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in SC and believe me, I would take a gator any day over the snakes. Perhaps closing the garage door would be a better option. Never leave mine open when working outside.

Honored Contributor

I've lived in different parts of the country and have seen a lot of snakes and gators. They get in pools sometimes. Friends had one in their pool at the end of the summer and had to call someone in to get it out.

Honored Contributor

Florida is a beautiful state.   I have visited aunts and uncles there. There is a lot to do and I see why people love the weather. I hope my post didn't offend our Florida posters.  Sorry if I did.

You see, when it comes to crocodiles, alligators, and poisonous snakes....I am not brave! I'd rather be called a coward than come upon something like that. Ha! I'm not afraid of most animals but poison creatures and big prehistoric teeth frighten me! Here in Indiana we rarely see a poisonous snake (although we have some) and never see an alligator or crocodile unless we go to the zoo.  We walk about in our woods freely with no fear of such things and that is what I'm used too. I would worry about my children and pets. Here we don't have to.

Still, I would love to visit again.  I think it's what your used too.  I am used to my tornado's, snow, and ice. LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

comment13.jpg

My sentiments exactly! 😂🤣

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's a mystery as to why people want to live in Florida.

I probably couldn't live out West....LOL

I couldn't deal with scorpions..

Super Contributor

The family who lost their little boy lives in the town next to mine. They've since had another child. Per all the stories I read they were wading in the water and another guest reported to hotel staff abiut seeing an alligator earlier that day in same area boy was attacked. No one's fault, especially the father's. Think before you speak please.