Honored Contributor

Re: A gator in my garage. Oh my!

I could never, EVER, go inside that garage again.

Valued Contributor

My birthplace was Miami, live in Tampa now.  My community has lots of ponds, gators walk from one pond to the other.   The gators are more afraid of you, than you of them.   They do not want to be anywhere near you.  But if you feed them that is another story.  That is when they get dangerous.

I actually think that they are amazing animals.  Have been here on earth longer than human beings.  We will be gone but they will always be here.

Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness that is crazy! I cant believe she stuck around long enough to take a picture. 

Esteemed Contributor

People do not realize how RARE this scene happens.  That's why it makes the news!

Lived here all my life, seen very few gators in the wild.  We invaded their territory, they did not invade ours!

Wouldn't try to pet one, but never afraid of one.  Just walk away!  They won't persue!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

It is frightening to think what might have happened if a child or pet wandered into the garage with this gator in there.

Hopefully, it was safely and humanely caught and moved to a more formidable habitat and will not return.

When I read the story it said the gator was lured out of the garage and back to the canal. 

I sounded like the homeowners did that by themselves.  

Respected Contributor

A gator in the garage is scary for sure but it would not deter me from living in Florida.

I live in north NJ and have seen turkeys, a fox and a small bear in my neighborhood in the last 10 years.  

Valued Contributor

I have and idea what to do with him or her. And it's cheaper then Disneyland.5d5d6123283248f0835dc19a2d481381.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's a mystery as to why people want to live in Florida.

@Kachina624 

When we visited Florida and Disney World we saw these critters around and about and gator incidents have been in the news before...Between the gators and hurricanes Florida is NOT for me.... (my paternal Grandmother lived in the Miami area for awhile and said she liked it there--different strokes as they say-).......Here in Texas we have Scorpions, Coyotes, and Snakes....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

OMG!!!  I would have a heart attack!

Every time I go and visit my mom who lives in south Florida, I see something in the news about gators....they are either in someone's swimming pool or on a golf course.  My mother told me that one of her doctors had one on his front porch!

I'm always afraid of running into one and keep my eyes open all the time. Her community is very well maintained but there is a body of man made water (that I think goes into a natural body of water) surrounding the area.  Plus she lives only a couple of miles from the Everglades.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

comment13.jpg

@Nataliesgramma   LOL!