Honored Contributor

A gator in my garage. Oh my!

[ Edited ]

4FF0F17C-B53D-4479-B8DC-52B38DB281DF.jpegNow this would scare me. This poor lady got the surprise of her life. She was outside and went inside her garage to grab the broom. This is what she saw.

Photo https://www.fox13news.com/news/north-port-resident-finds-large-gator-in-their-garage

Honored Contributor

Re: A gator in my garage. Oh my!

It's a mystery as to why people want to live in Florida.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I will never again complain about my neighbor's bull strolling through my yard.

Trusted Contributor

4DF2FB28-1250-4174-960D-8F411C46A11E.jpeg

Can't imagine opening my door and seeing this. 😳

Respected Contributor

I would be terrified.   When I think of how I react when I see a spider in the garage.  I can't imagine how frozen I would be if I saw that thing.   

I know you get used to seeing them if you live in Florida but I just couldn't handle being close to something like that.     I used to work with a girl who came from Florida and she told me occasionally gators would end up in shopping center parking lots.  

I mean no offense to those who live in areas where there are gators but it's not for me. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is frightening to think what might have happened if a child or pet wandered into the garage with this gator in there.

Hopefully, it was safely and humanely caught and moved to a more formidable habitat and will not return.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

OMG, I think I would die! This is a big con for not wanting to live in Florida!

Honored Contributor

My cousin lives in the Tampa/St Pete area, and said she used to see them all the time in her yard......She said oh you get used to them, well I know I would not. I would be scared out of my mind......Especially that big.....The one in this picture is huge........A lady that I talk to from time to time on my job lives in Tampa, but she used to live in the Midwest said we in the Midwest have it so bad with all of our snow and tornadoes, and how we get very little warning to tornadoes is bad..She said there is no way she would move back up here and deal with our crazy winters......I had to laugh and said well that is ok, I get it-there is good and bad about everyplace for sure!I wouldn't want their humidity and their bugs...lol! 

Honored Contributor

After seeing this picture, I have decided that Florida is "a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there"!  Not much gives me the creeps but this did!

Esteemed Contributor

comment13.jpg