Regular Contributor

Re: A funny thing that happened. (Well I think it is).

On 9/20/2014 Shorty2U said:

We didn't hear what happened, we left. Im sure the owner made him food or he drove to the other place. The owner is very kind.

Why do we think its funny?

Because people use cellphones and not common sense. He called the other place to order. If he used his cell that places address came up. He lives here, yet goes where his cellphone tells him?

As in people now punch in where to go on phones when they are local and do what their phone says? Then he was blaming the phone?

He was able bodied, or I wouldn't laugh at him. And he was local because he was talking about being there before and their ingredients.

So to me a lot of these people hanging on phones 24/7 are in la la land and not paying attention like when theyre driving, walking, etc. I see this all the time in stores on the roads etc.

There is a lot in this post to pick apart but I'll just ask about one thing----

what in the world makes you and your husband think it's just fine to laugh at able-bodied people?

Frequent Contributor

She probably thinks it's cute the way she and her husband acted I get the impression from her posts that she's full of herself.

Respected Contributor

I've got to weigh in on the not funny side also.

We experienced this just last night. Called on a cell phone to make a reservation for dinner. showed up and the front desk said they didn't have it. We must have made the reservation at their other location. We said no. This is the right one. they looked some more and lo and behold they found it. We were at the right place.

Cell phones are not the axis of evil.

~Enough is enough~
Trusted Contributor

On 9/21/2014 mstyrion 1 said:

We experienced this just last night. Called on a cell phone to make a reservation for dinner. showed up and the front desk said they didn't have it. We must have made the reservation at their other location. We said no. This is the right one. they looked some more and lo and behold they found it. We were at the right place.

Cell phones are not the axis of evil.

True! Everyone knows IPADS are the axis of evil.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

I don't mean disrespect to Shorty, but I don't think it's funny nor do I think it's a mix-up specific to an electronic device. I'm not a fan of ridiculing or laughing at the distress of others, and I agree this sort of mistake has been made using a telephone book and a phone call from a landline whether the person lives in the community or not. He was probably upset and embarrassed enough as it was. Perhaps sometimes a negative view of modern "contraptions" colors our opinion of a situation.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

On 9/21/2014 adelle38 said:
On 9/21/2014 mstyrion 1 said:

<em>Cell phones are not the axis of evil.</em>

True! Everyone knows IPADS are the axis of evil.

~Enough is enough~
Super Contributor

Another vote for not funny. I would feel bad for the man, not find humor in his frustration. He may have been picking up a meal for his family and running late. Whatever the reason for the mistake with his order I doubt the OP would find it amusing if it happened to her. There is a saying...small things amuse small minds.

Valued Contributor

One more vote for not funny.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a smart phone and I can tell you that can easily happen without one. You can't know why the guy made a mistake. He could have been under stress for a serious reason. We can't jump to conclusions because we don't like well dressed men or smart phones. That's just mean.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I don't think it was funny. And especially to come here and start a thread about it.