Respected Contributor

A funny thing happened today at Costco

Hello Friends!  Hope all is well.  A funny thing happened today at Costco.  I was pushing my cart across the parking lot with my purchases.  A big wind gust came by and blew my eyedrops out of my cart.  (The box of drops are mounted to a piece of cardboard)  A young man was collecting carts in the parking lot chased my purchase.  Well, it blew by a lady that was walking by she picked it up and I thought Nice lady!  Well, I was wrong she jumped in her car and drove off with my Eyedrops!!  The young man and I were both astonished by her behavior!  He asked me if i was going to tell the store manager and I told him no.  It wasn't their fault.  He asked me to tell them anyway and walked with me back into the store.  We told the lady at the desk what happened, she asked if I still had my receipt, I did , and they sent the young man back to replace what the lady in to car took.  

WOW! talk about good customer service.  This time I held on to my drops!

Honored Contributor

Re: A funny thing happened today at Costco

Excellent customer relations on everyone's part.

Esteemed Contributor

@Franklinbell  Great story! Good on Costco, and great customer relations. As for the lady who absconded with your eye drops, that deed may come up to haunt her someday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Franklinbell  Great customer service. Shame on the thief. Hope her theft comes back to bite her or maybe they will badly affect her eyes. Oh boo hoo. I'm guessing she doesn't even need them, just a crime of opportunity.

Super Contributor

The best & worst of humanity right there 

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you got your drops replaced, and it was lucky the employee was a witness.  Shame on that lady.  

Honored Contributor

What the heck?  What is wrong with people?

That lady is a thief and a low life.

Once while in line at the grocery store, a young lady in the line beside the one I was in, dropped a $20 getting something out of her pocket.  The man behind me lunged for it.

I put my foot on it before he could grab it and he began cussing at me.  He said he saw it first and he wanted it.

I picked it up and handed to the young lady who dropped it and the guy was really ticked off.  

Some people have a sense of entitlement that is crazy.

I am happy that COSTCO made you whole.  Too bad some of their patron's are not honest and decent.

Respected Contributor

@Franklinbell  That lady was awful to take your eyedrops and I'm glad that the worker helped you report the theft and get a replacement for the eyedrops.  I hope that eyedrop theif's eyes become itchy and irritated during the best scenes of movies and tv shows for the rest of her life! 

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07 That made me laugh out loud!  

Respected Contributor

@Franklinbell  Thank you! I'm glad I could make you laugh and I hope it does happen to her Smiley Very Happy