Respected Contributor

What a heartwarming story.  Thanks for sharing it, it really brings tears to your eyes.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Frequent Contributor

Re: A feel good moment about our military!

I am sooo happy the atmosphere has changed for the military personal in this country.  My husband retired after 23 yrs. in the Air Force, the attitude at that time (Vietnam era) was people spitting on them calling them baby killers etc.

DH was a hospital administrator and was in airvac in the 70's and was afraid to wear his uniform when he was off base.  He was gone 3 mos. at a time and home 3 mo. His last assignment was 1993 and gone for 2 yrs. with me and two teenage boys at home by ourselves.

Not all was bad as we lived in England for 3.3 yrs. and got to travel to Europe several times. Wouldn't trade it for anything.  All the good and bad. Can't say I would do it again though.

All in all I am delighted the attitude has changed as  the families go through so much that people don't realize, and mother is never next door when you need help having a baby etc.  

OK, I'll get off of my box....Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

Wonderful heartwarming  posts.:-)

Honored Contributor

@Wricardos wrote:

I am sooo happy the atmosphere has changed for the military personal in this country.  My husband retired after 23 yrs. in the Air Force, the attitude at that time (Vietnam era) was people spitting on them calling them baby killers etc.

DH was a hospital administrator and was in airvac in the 70's and was afraid to wear his uniform when he was off base.  He was gone 3 mos. at a time and home 3 mo. His last assignment was 1993 and gone for 2 yrs. with me and two teenage boys at home by ourselves.

Not all was bad as we lived in England for 3.3 yrs. and got to travel to Europe several times. Wouldn't trade it for anything.  All the good and bad. Can't say I would do it again though.

All in all I am delighted the attitude has changed as  the families go through so much that people don't realize, and mother is never next door when you need help having a baby etc.  

OK, I'll get off of my box....Smiley Very Happy

My husband is retired AF too. I agree with you. I tear up with pride everytime we've been or go to the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds shows. I love them. Praise away to all military and their families, they deserve it.