Trusted Contributor

Seems like pretty foolish behavior on the part of the dog owner.  As an owner of three dogs myself I don't want my dogs around small children.  I have nothing against kids, it's just that we do not have any so our dogs have never been around little ones.  I worry a sudden movement may frighten them, I worry that one of the dogs may accidentally knock them down, things like that.  I prefer to err on the side of caution.  But then again, that's just me.

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

Seems like pretty foolish behavior on the part of the dog owner.  As an owner of three dogs myself I don't want my dogs around small children.  I have nothing against kids, it's just that we do not have any so our dogs have never been around little ones.  I worry a sudden movement may frighten them, I worry that one of the dogs may accidentally knock them down, things like that.  I prefer to err on the side of caution.  But then again, that's just me.

Plain and simple,  the older son with the dog is being a Jerk.  Maybe it's his way of garnering some of the attention his brother with the baby gets.  Babies trump dogs. 

That being said,  there's no way I'd become involved in this stupid situation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Why in the world does the son bring the dog to visit? The dog should stay home like he does when his owner goes to work.  Imagine if the other brothers had dogs and they brought them to mom and dad's house.  That is ridiculous.  I don't think the parents of the child were being unreasonable; I do think the brother with the dog is being a jerk.

Cat Very Happy  Print this out and give it to the jerk!

kindness is strength