Respected Contributor

think Re: A “different incentive for getting your Covid 19 vaccine

I think the whole idea that any incentive has to be offered is idiotic.

The incentive should be to prevent death..your own or that of a loved one, or someone you don't even know.  It should be to protect the health of your community.

People are dying in India.  Developing countries are having a such a hard time and have not had access to the vaccine.  And in this country we have to try and bribe people with lottery tickets and joints.

It's very sad and shameful, imo.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Re: A “different incentive for getting your Covid 19 vaccine

[ Edited ]

Amazing how so many people’s
“principles” quickly go away when they are promised free beer, etc. to get the shot. I am dead set against bribing, especially with free beer, guns, or pot, just so someone will do what they should have done in the first place. I got my vaccine early on, had mild side effect of being super fatigued the next day, but now feel protected. Sad commentary on our country that you have to offer free stuff to get people vaccinated. If you are a true anti-vaxxer, no " incentive" will change that.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I get that the more people vaccinated the better but I'm not a fan of bribing the people that don't want to do it.

If they get the vaccine solely to get pot, free beer or win a lottery then their argument against it is BS.

Dollars to donuts some of the anti-vax people also the ones who bi*tched and stormed about wearing masks, berated those who did wear them, complained about not being able to get their hair cut or whatever, but did nothing to help mitigate the situation.  They don't deserve to be rewarded for doing zip to help early on.

I'm not a fan of bribing, nor using millions of dollars of tax payer money for this when there are so many more urgent needs.  Also, there are plenty of people that don't want the vaccine that wear the masks. And I think people in both groups (vaccine/non-vaccine) complained about wearing them.

My problem extends to bribing/pressuring people that really don't want the vaccine into doing something they aren't comfortable doing. 

Trusted Contributor

I'd guess the majority of these holdouts likely received a lot of attention for their bad behavior as children.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: think Re: A “different incentive for getting your Covid 19 vaccine

There is nothing they could offer me to get me to take it.  No way!

Esteemed Contributor

Do the prizes get better the longer you wait? What's next month's

giveaway,  maybe a trip to Hawaii?