Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: A “different incentive for getting your Covid 19 vaccine

If it gets more people to get vaccinated, more power to 'em.   Obviously, they are making sure they only hand the weed out to adults.  

It's legal here, too, and very well managed within the structure of the laws.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

All I can say is good grief. What has happened to us? 

I wish I could give you 473 hearts for this.  I so agree with you.  

Trusted Contributor

With all the incentives being offered to get you to take the shot I wonder how many are not going too,. The information is spotty but it appears they are problems for some who do. They have never offered any incentives for getting the regular flu shot. In our area, many medical professionals are refusing to take the shot and they are under the gun on getting fired. What is going on?

Honored Contributor

What is going on? Well, let's see: We have been in the grip of a pandemic such as we have never seen before. That's is what is going on: The race to get us safe so that we can resume our lives in some semblance of normality.

Obviously any treats will be lost on those who are determined not to get the vaccine. But for others it might persuade; I think that is has done so.

So call these people spoiled children or whatever else you think about them. I just see them as more people who with in all likelihood not get sick and at the same time will not make others sick and finally, will help prevent the spread of more variants.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Joints for jabs: Washington state allows dispensaries to offer free weed to those who get vaccinated

EF1A5A78-0AB5-44E7-AF2E-1AE1277BC2DD.png

— It's a strange dichotomy. The humble joint is now being used in a war in support of drugs.

Marijuana dispensaries across Washington state are now able to give a free joint to anyone of legal age who gets a COVID-19 vaccine at an on-site clinic.

I think this is just going too far.... even if weed is legal in the state of Washington.

The state is moving further away from its original reason to encourage vaccinations, which was to keep people safe from COVID-19, and is now just being “idiotic

Many people going to dispensaries are very, very ill. It's a good way to protect vulnerable  people by getting other clients vaccinated. Of course, there are deliveries and there are states that have only medical dispensaries. I'm for the joints for jabs thing. Additionally, the more people that are vaccinated the lower the chance of new variants and of hospitalizations and death. I'd rather someone be high on pot than sick from COVID.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   me, too.   I think in any state where marijuana has been voted in for recreational use, offering a joint to get more people vacccinated isn't likely to create new users, but it might well get a few users to get vaccines.  

Respected Contributor

@hckynut - That'd be Larry Flynt's Hustler Club in Las Vegas for the win!

Contributor

Nearly 600,000 have died from Covid-19 in the US. We've gone from thousands a day dying to hundreds because of the vaccines. I don't care if free joints, guns or money is given away if a life is saved. Saving lives is what is going on. We can examine the morality of give aways after we reach herd immunity. My husband, my grown children and I have all taken the vaccines (both pfizer and moderna) and none of us have experienced more than minor side effects. We are all back out in the world and life is almost back to normal.

Esteemed Contributor

Pondering if this offer is better or worse for your health than the Dunking Donuts one 🤣

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Pondering if this offer is better or worse for your health than the Dunking Donuts one 🤣

Well, if you could score both it would be pretty cool.   Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy