Esteemed Contributor

Re: A “different incentive for getting your Covid 19 vaccine

Well my husband did get the vaccine. He ended up in the hospital from complications on the second shot. Judging others about putting a new vaccine into their body is dangerous IMO.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I find it disturbing that there are so many "bribes" for this vaccine..........

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Well my husband did get the vaccine. He ended up in the hospital from complications on the second shot. Judging others about putting a new vaccine into their body is dangerous IMO.

@Nancy Drew   I totally agree with you...I am not a fan of shaming people for not getting the shot.  I hope your husband fully recovers!

fixed typo

Honored Contributor

I see no particular difference in a pot reward than anything else.

And I really don't give a hoot regarding rewards or lotteries if it means getting closer to herd immunity.

So far I've seen no rational reason to be against doing this.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

A few states are offering incentives to get the vaccine. Too bad they have to pay people to do the right thing.

@catter70   Exactly!   Everyone needs a reward today....   🤦🏻‍♀️

I think people needing a reward goes to the mindset of giving children a participation ribbon or trophy for academic contests or sports throughout their formative years for just showing up to the event. Some of these children who are now adults have the "what's in it for me?" attitude. This has been going on for 35 years or so.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SeaMaiden   I don't really disagree with you, but I assume Washington state voters had their say and approved dispensing fox marijuana without scripts for medical purposes.  If so, the decision might be good - somehow I doubt non-users who have also been avoiding the vaccine are going t9 show up just to get one joint.

@millieshops    Sounds to me like recreational marijuana has been legalized in Washington State. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I'm trying to picture someone hearing about this and saying to herself, "You know, I wasn't going to get vaccinated, but now that I can get a free joint I've changed my mind!"

I don't know. Maybe I'm way off on this, but I can't imagine that this is going to make any difference in the vaccination rates. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I can't remember the city or state, but i saw a newscast that said that, not me making it up now!(maybe this will go poof).

Proof of a vaccine=lap dance!  😲

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I posted when this giveaway nonsense started not to sell yourself cheap, there'd be bigger bribes coming & It's a game show now...Get Your Vaccine For Cash & Prizes! It's a sad joke & what's going to happen when it's time for the booster shot...will it take a cash payment for people to show up? This was the wrong road to go down but there's no backing up now in this gimme gimme debacle. When our Governor was asked about having a vaccine lottery, the laughing reply was...difficult  because of restrictions using taxpayer dollars but no worry they'd get around that & wouldn't the lottery be exciting & fun. FUN? ugh.

Honored Contributor

These are private companies. They can give away their goods to whomever they want to. It's a promotional giveaway.

People who are relaxed about the whole vaccine thing and who want to stop the spread of Covid make good customers. Businesses want to attract their custom.

No business wants the angry loud people in their stores. Makes a lousy atmosphere. Just look at how those people behave on airplanes. No one wants to go to a store with that kind of potential violence brewing.

Maybe people who don't want to be shamed or judged should stop shaming and judging businesses and individuals for encouraging vaccinations and responsible civic behavior. I don't see anyone who is completely above judging around here. It's just selective.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr