Honored Contributor

Re: A desperate plea (Covid-related.

@Porcelain wrote:

We need to be grateful for our health and for on-demand medical care. And never take it for granted again.

Doctors and nurses don't have to be there. They can abandon us all to die if they want to. But most would never, because they're decent. They are far bigger people than those of us who take their many sacrifices for granted.

Well said.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 - This doctor so eloquently put into words how I've felt for many months, when I see (thankfully the minority) some who can't even take the simplest step of wearing a mask while in public.

I still feel that anyone who refuses to follow the CDC guidelines and subsequently contracts COVID-19 should forfeit any right to endanger medical personnel by going to hospital for treatment.  They should stay home and recover on their own.  Or not.  Since they whine, protest and scream about their rights to liberty, their rights should not infringe on anyone else's right to health and safety.

BTW, the Maine wedding has now accounted for well over 200 cases and at least 8 deaths. None of those 8 were guests at the wedding. They were all innocent victims.  Criminal.

Honored Contributor

I expect in a few weeks we will see the numbers  rise , because of people ignoring  travel.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@ SuzyQ3 - I read this yesterday in the LA Times too, and was touched by it as well.

We are all tired of this.  Eight months and counting of trying our best to be aware, every little second of the day, of our actions....knowing one false step could have an impact on ourselves, a loved one or some just someone crossing our path.

Yet we keep on keeping on, knowing it's the right thing to do.

Just seeing the doctors and nurses on TV pleading with us should be enough.

People need to grow up.  

Imagine how some of them would have survived for even one day in a concentration camp.  "But where's my latte?"

Esteemed Contributor

Those who think they can do as they please ("It's a free country") are putting the rest of us at risk.The first responders, doctors, and nurses who are charged with caring for us, will be overburdened beyond comprehension once the holiday celebrants will come down with Covid. We have a responsibility to our loved ones and to our country to act responsibly, in order to minimize the spread of this awful virus.

Honored Contributor

What is it they say, the more you nag the more someone is going to dig their heels in?

What would you like to see happen, pad lock everyones front door so they can't get out?  Open it once a week to let a box of groceries in?

People are going to do what they want to do and nothing anyone says will change that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

Yes, another and another and another!

Until everyone gets it!

So you're saying if people continue to post this stuff everyone will obey? It's humorous to think posting here will control the population. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Yes, another and another and another!

Until everyone gets it!

I'm pretty sure anyone that reads or posts on these boards got it...a long time ago...

Honored Contributor

Well said, Doctor.   I just wish the people who need to hear this the most would listen.   Maybe some will and that will be to the advantage of all of us.  Smiley Happy   I know, silly hopeful thinking but just maybe...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

What is it they say, the more you nag the more someone is going to dig their heels in?

What would you like to see happen, pad lock everyones front door so they can't get out?  Open it once a week to let a box of groceries in?

People are going to do what they want to do and nothing anyone says will change that.

Personally I would like to see some people grow up, accept personal responsibility and stop using their "rights" as an excuse to not do the most reasonable things asked of them to protect their fellow citizens.

But perhaps there is something in the idea of padlocks. Quarantine them together until the pandemic is over. None of these "my righters" would survive a true disaster or war. They'd be the first to expect someone else to save them.