Honored Contributor

Re: A desperate plea (Covid-related.

@noodleann wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@suzyQ3   What a heart felt plea and I agree. I wished people would quit saying .....the doctors say not to do this then they do it.  So what? Does that make it right for you to go against the science we have behind this... thus far?  Just because another human being does it...it's ok for us to? Like my Dad used to say and I imagine a lot of other dads and mom's...."If someone else jumps off a bridge, are you going to, too"? Thanks for this post. I totally agree.

Why do you wish that people would stop pointing out the rank hypocrisy of some putative "authorities"? It doesn't make it "right" that people violate their own solemnly stated guidelines, but it certainly compromises the trust we're expected to have in them. Just look at the posts here that say, over and over, "Ask your doctor." The docs can't have it both ways. The bridge analogy doesn't work because doctors are not just "somebody else."

Ross Douthat has an interesting column that addresses the "trust science" canard, how "science" has been compromised and is exceeding its brief in the leadership vacuum.

@noodleann, I didn't take @jubilant's comment as directed at doctors or scientists but rather toward TPTB.

It's fine to point out hypocrisy on their part (regardless of their politics), but it's not fine to use it as an excuse to defy lifesaving measures.

@suzyQ3 I think you're mostly correct, but there was at least one reference to Fauci as well...so there's at least one doctor in the mix here Woman Wink

The post I responded to was specifically ABOUT doctors:

I wished people would quit saying .....the doctors say not to do this then they do it.  So what?

I have no idea what the person who responded to me is trying to say, but there is no reason to even utter the "P" word. Keep dialing.

@noodleann, I totally misread your original post. I saw "putative authorities" and ran with that. I thought you were talking about political leaders.

But I have to say that I do listen to doctors and researchers.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Contributor

@bonnie f wrote:

just found out someone i work with has it.. tested positive.. but thank god i havent worked alot with him the past week or so......

A lot of my coworkers have had covid19 and all recovered or showed no symptoms. 

Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@suzyQ3   Means nothing in Florida.

1) On my community Facebook page is a picture of the entire HS football team, cheerleaders and parents/guests linked arm in arm, jammed in together for a picture from last Friday night. NO MASK on anyone.Under it is the caption "Come out Friday night for the Thanksgiving game XYZ vs ABC. Only 25 tickets left (our stadium holds 1800). So yeah, no concern there.

2) Husband had outpatient surgery yesterday at the hospital where I work. Was awake. No issues but the conversations between the nurses, aids, doc were all about how they're picking up family flying in for Thanksgiving, how many people they're having, the bar hopping they're going to do, etc. all over the next 4 days. So you you have it folks; even medical staff aren't following the guidelines. And I WORK with some of these people!

Disgusting.

Nurses often smoke too. I've known several. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.