Honored Contributor

A day for ME🙂🙂🙂🙂

Started out with mani and pedi, massage & facial, haircut.  Then I stopped for lunch at Panera Bread.  After that, I shopped my favorite stores with no time constraints!

I haven't done this in over 6 months when my sons were here to stay with their dad.

I didn't buy anything but sure was great having a day for me💐🙂

(sounds ridiculous to celebrate a day out BUT being a 24/7 caregiver is not easy and I admire all those who are doing this in their lives.)

Super Contributor

Re: A day for ME🙂🙂🙂🙂

@homedecor1  Glad you enjoyed your day, it sounded like it was fun!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   It sounds like a fabulous day. You're so right that a caregiver rarely gets a day off...much less a "me day".

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   I'm glad you got a day to just goof off.  I know it must be hard to be tied down all the time when you're accustomed to being foot-loose and fancy-free.

How is your hubby doing?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm so glad you pampered yourself! Caregiving can be very demanding- You must have a very big heart & soul! Best wishes to you @homedecor1 . 💕💐

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

thank you for asking he's holding his own

the petscan revealed infection in left lung but we at least now know why he's in tremendous back pain.  His has 2 compression fractures so they will next week do outpatient procedure to "glue" them to possibly stop further breakage.  Hopefully this is the answer as he can't do much from the pain.

He was in hospital for pneumonia beginning of month but he's home now.  Very thankful he gets home nursing and health aide 3x's week.

Again @Kachina624  and others thank you for your continued support💐😊

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 I am so happy for you!  You deserved a day just for yourself being a caretaker is hard work, physically and mentally.  I was an only child and took care of both parents until they passed and never had help.  Your day to pamper yourself made me smile for you too.

Valued Contributor

Sounds like my kind of day.  Hopefully your husband's condition will improve🙏

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 

As a caregiver you do and give so much for your loved one, your hubby, so YOU definitely deserved a special day for yourself! Glad you enjoyed it!

I will be praying for your hubby's healing!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Caregiving is a gift I felt fortunate to have been able to provide for 17 years to my mom and 2 years (help) to my step-father. My husband's death was so untimely I didn't have a chance to help him in any way. 

Delighted you enjoyed your day so much! Glad to know  the cause o fhis back pain. Curious if his PCP is able to provide medication to build strong bones rather than glue bones together which could still enable other bones in his back to break? There are many good new meds that work miracles in  months. 

Keeping your husband in my thoughts for comfort first. Blessings. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.