Respected Contributor

Re: A curious shipment (received by a friend)

Maybe Q employees had a drive to help flood victims & it was a simple mix up in shipping but who knows just return as instructed...tape, label, mail, done.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette- Why would she not return the box?  It's the right thing to do.

Btw, were the diapers "Luvs" diapers?  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal I'm sure she'll ultimately return it.  I just thought it was odd that QVC would want it back. I would have expected them to suggest that she donate the contents.  

Honored Contributor

It makes sense to me.  They don't want to just take your friend's word for something as bizarre as that.  And since they are correcting the mistake and sending her what she really bought; it makes perfect sense that they would ask her to return the mistake.  At their expense.  I would have expected them to say that.  It is weird.  I wonder if QVC has outsourced some of it's mailing.  Perhaps there is a company out there that packages and mails things for big businesses and...well....they make mistakes.

Valued Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Just plain weird.  I think she needs to call CS and talk to a supervisor.

About what?

Trusted Contributor

Qvc did some thing odd years ago, they sent me a necklace chain that was very badly tarnished, no note, no paper work, I had never ordered a chain, had no idea why I got it..I eventually threw it away....if I were her, I’d make sure I got my lug, then just donate those items, I wouldn’t bother returning them.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Ok, this did not happen to me, but I'm still laughing about it so I thought I'd share.  My friend called me this morning to relate her story:  She's an avid QVC shopper and was waiting for a delivery of a Lug bag that she recently ordered.  The package arrived yesterday and was quite heavy.  When she opened it, it contained a large supply of diapers and baby wipes!!!!!!!!!  And this, again, was supposedly a QVC shipment!  When she called C/S, they are sending her another of the Lug bag, but she is required to return the diapers and baby wipes to QVC!!!!!!!!!  I'm just shaking my head!  Whatever are they going to do with them on the receiving dock????  (By the way, she's a senior citizen and has no need for the stuff!).  

Why should QVC believe her, unless she sends the items back?

Esteemed Contributor

As long as she does not have to pay for it.  But the inconvenience!!!  Had she not said anything she could have kept it.  However, to her credit she wanted to do the right thing. They should have just let it go and had her make a donation.  I would call back until I got the answer I wanted. 

Trusted Contributor

Remind me of when Mario Badescu sent products intended for another person (with my same first and last name) to my address. I called them up since I'm honest and the rep was not very nice about it all. I made sure to keep the samples that they throw in when you order online.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.