Honored Contributor

A clever doggie's grin that makes you smile :)

[ Edited ]

LOVE the Golden grin!   

Smiley Happy

A golden retriever, named Dior, has become a canine celebrity in China after a video of him smiling for a portrait emerged. The clever canine grins after his owner counts down for the photo.:

GRINNING for the camera on command when having his photo taken 

• Clever canine sits patiently for a portrait at his home in a China
  • He gives a toothy grin after his owner tells him to be 'less serious' 
  • Video of the photo-snapping has been widely shared by Chinese media

By TRACY YOU FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 05:39 EST, 19 November 2015 UPDATED: 07:32 EST, 19 November 2015

Smiling naturally on cue for the camera can be a difficult thing for many people to achieve, but one smart dog in China has proved this is no problem for him.

A Golden Retriever, named Dior, has become a canine celebrity after a video of him smiling for a portrait emerged online on Facebook, from Asian website People's Daily Online.

Incredibly, the clip shows the clever canine, thought to be a boy, grinning after his owner says 'one, two, three, smile'.

At the beginning of the 30-second video, originally aired on China's Anhui Satellite TV station, Dior is seen sitting solemnly in front of a camera phone in a bedroom.

His female owner, who is controlling the phone attached a tripod, can be heard saying with a northern Chinese accent:  'It's time for a photo, Dior. Don't be so serious.'

The owner carried on: 'Quick, give me a smile.'

Afterwards, the woman tries to prepare Dior for the photo by counting one to three, before asking her pet to beam.

'Don't be so serious!' The pooch initially sits rather solemnly for the photo session at his home in China
'Don't be so serious!' The pooch initially sits rather solemnly for the photo session at his home in China.

Perfect portrait: Incredibly, he gives a grin after his owner tells him to and counts down for the photo
Perfect portrait: Incredibly, he gives a grin after his owner tells him to and counts down for the photo

The adorable animal immediately gives a toothy grin for the camera.

His owner is clearly amused by his behaviour.

She praises 'how handsome' he is while snapping the picture.

It remains unknown where Dior and his owner live, but the video has been widely shared by mainstream Chinese media after it appeared on TV this week.

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: A clever doggie's grin that makes you smile :)

All I have to do is point the camera and say 'puppy treats!'.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

that is priceless.  one smart doggie!  unless it's a trick and i've been fooled before.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

So true, for Ru!   8)

Honored Contributor

feline groovy wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

So true - for Ru.   ;-)

Ru also does something I don't usually see in goldens - he perks his ears up.  Hard to describe.  It's not like his ears go all the way up, but they perk up right there at his head.  

He also does 'lambie ears' where he kind of opens them back a little bit.

All very cute, of course.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

f@eline groovy wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

So true, for Ru!  8)

Ru also does something I don't usually see in goldens - he perks his ears up. Hard to describe.  It's not like his ears go all the way up, but they perk up right there at his head.  

He also does 'lambie ears' where he kind of opens them back a little bit.

All very cute, of course.  Smiley Happy

Aww!   Smiley Happy

Awww!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Just HAD to post here... just to get my golden's avatar to show up.  I'm shameless when it comes to showing off Jessie's charms!  Woman Wink

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

Just HAD to post here... just to get my golden's avatar to show up.  I'm shameless when it comes to showing off Jessie's charms!  Woman Wink

spent2much
speaking of Golden grins... Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

I wish everyone would post pics of their Goldens, love them so much. How about a pic of Ru??? I have had two Goldens, both across the bridge now. I have HALF a Golden now, my avatar, but here's a pic of my last Golden, Reagan, at 12 years, with kitty Elvis.

image.jpg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I wish everyone would post pics of their Goldens, love them so much. How about a pic of Ru??? I have had two Goldens, both across the bridge now. I have HALF a Golden now, my avatar, but here's a pic of my last Golden, Reagan, at 12 years, with kitty Elvis.

image.jpg

@feline groovy  ... Thanks for posting! Love the posing poochWoman Very Happy

@MaggieMack  I was half right ...lol Your beautiful dog is half Golden.  I love your Golden relaxing with Kitty... so cute!  My Golden's have crossed over Rainbow Bridge.  I couldn't find a pic on my pc to post.  One of my Golden Retriever's looked very similar yours. Heart Still miss my fur babies that are frolicking at Rainbow Bridge.