Valued Contributor

Re: A clever doggie's grin that makes you smile :)

What a gorgeous face Jessie has @spent2much!!  Nice and broad.  She's a creamy white huh?  Lovely animal!!

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne, bless you for your kindness. It made my day to read how you gave an older Golden a happy life. Heart

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

Ru is darling @chickenbutt!!  I love his little rosy nose. 

Honored Contributor

AliJoi5 wrote:

Ru is darling @chickenbutt!!  I love his little rosy nose. 

Thank You!  Smiley Happy  His nose was all black when he was little and the black slowly backed away.  I don't know if that is weird or normal, however.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt@AliJoi5, Reagan's nose started out pitch black and then turned rosy, too. I always blamed it on digging in the yard rooting around for bunnies or gophers. Maybe it was DNA!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DiAnne wrote:

I always adopt dogs at the shelter and several years ago they had an older golden that had spent his life chained in a backyard.  Now that he was getting white faced and old his owners dropped him at the shelter.  He has never been socialized to other dogs or house trained.  I brought him home and he could not believe he was allowed in the house and had a warm place to sleep.  He lived with me about four years before he passed away of prostate cancer.  I also had an adopted border collie mix at the same time and she cried and cried at night after he died.  They were very bonded. 

Oops, now I'm confused.  I went to italicize this, as I was quoting it, and saw it was already italicized so I'm not sure who is talking, or who was quoted initially, here.

Well anyway, I love the story and I'm happy somebody gave this baby  four happy, well-loved years!!   Sad the things people do to animals.  It really angers me.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack, @chickenbutt

Thanks, he was a good dog but would never let me out of his sight.  I got the border collie mix after I had him to help socialize him to other dogs and it was really funny because he copied her.  He wasn't afraid of the vacuum until I got her and he saw she was.  He would watch what she did and do the same thing. 

Valued Contributor

I wonder if the adorable pink nose is unique to English creams... like Jessie and Ru?  Because my pup grew into a deep golden as an adult, and his nose remained very black.  Interesting!  Both are equally darling of course.  We had a friend whose golden was completely russet, just like a setter.  But his head and build were all lab.  You can imagine how handsome he was!!  Each golden tone is so beautiful in its own right!! 

http://jtpubs.com/golden/goldimages/coulcan.jpg

Valued Contributor

Oh you just answered my nose question @MaggieMack and @chickenbutt!  I guess it's random... too cute!!

Esteemed Contributor

@AliJoi5, GREAT PICTURE!!!!!

image.jpg