Honored Contributor

Re: A bragging thread. Feel free to join in about ANY brag.

I despise bragging (especially the 'humblebrag') and boasting. And unfortunately, there's a lot of it here on the Q boards, along with increasing self-importance. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} There's a decent way to be excited about something and share it, but many don't have the tact.

But, I'll pretend to do it and tell ya'll something I'm recently proud about: I'm managing to finally have enough patience (for the first time in many years) and am allowing my eyebrows to grow out WITHOUT plucking/tweezing any hairs. Except for the ones close to my eyelids, LOL.

I figured, I was somehow patient enough to grow out my bangs a few years ago, so...

I know, I know; can you believe it? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Although I really am pleased that I've been able to hang on so far. 8)

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Ilikeshade said:

I was told today by a complete stranger that I look 45. Stated by a guy who overheard my actual age when I was speaking to someone else. Works for me! DH has also said that I look mid 40's but it was nice hearing it from someone I don't know. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} OWN it, girl!

Esteemed Contributor

feline: Allowing ur eyebrows to grow out is a great accomplishment. Good for u.

Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 kivah said:

feline: Allowing ur eyebrows to grow out is a great accomplishment. Good for u.

Aw thanks, KivahKiss; I guess you can relate!

Hugs...

Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2015 feline groovy said:

I despise bragging (especially the 'humblebrag') and boasting. And unfortunately, there's a lot of it here on the Q boards, along with increasing self-importance. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} There's a decent way to be excited about something and share it, but many don't have the tact.

But, I'll pretend to do it and tell ya'll something I'm recently proud about: I'm managing to finally have enough patience (for the first time in many years) and am allowing my eyebrows to grow out WITHOUT plucking/tweezing any hairs. Except for the ones close to my eyelids, LOL.

I figured, I was somehow patient enough to grow out my bangs a few years ago, so...

I know, I know; can you believe it? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Although I really am pleased that I've been able to hang on so far. 8)

Good for you.

I wish I had eye brows I could grow out. I can count the hairs in both of them. Thank goodness for Lancome brow pencil and bangs.

Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 lulu2 said:
On 4/5/2015 feline groovy said:

But, I'll pretend to do it and tell ya'll something I'm recently proud about: I'm managing to <em>finally</em> have enough patience (for the first time in many years) and am allowing my eyebrows to grow out WITHOUT plucking/tweezing any hairs. Except for the ones close to my eyelids, LOL.

I know, I know; can you believe it? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Although I really <em>am</em> pleased that I've been able to hang on so far. 8)

Good for you.

I wish I had eye brows I could grow out. I can count the hairs in both of them. Thank goodness for Lancome brow pencil and bangs.

Thank you, but I should have specified that they're tail-less, so they look almost like thinner Groucho Marx brows, LOL.

I still have to use brow makeup, and expect that I'll do so even if tiny tail hairs return - which is what I'm really trying to grow them out for. But for many women, there comes a when they just stop growing and that's that.

ITA about brow cosmetics/tints/dyes{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}, Lu, and straight or side-swept bangs if they're flattering. They also hide things you don't care for on your forehead. Smiley Wink