Honored Contributor

Re: A bit of good news about the relics

[ Edited ]

St Helena, the mother of Constantine brought many relics back from the Holy Land ,about  300 AD..She brought relics of the Crucifixion, and I don't think it is the entire crown

She brought  back the True Cross and the nails. The Scala Sancta ( Holy Steps)  from  Pilate's House, where Christ was condemned to death.. They have recently been restored and  are open again to the public for a limited time  @Love my grandkids 

If you google it ,you might be able to see it for yourself. I sent  a video of it ,to my prayer chain ladies. I don't dare post it here

Honored Contributor

Mr. Macron speaks so sincerely and inclusively about this loss and it’s impact.

My family is originally from France, and I have visited The Lady of the City several times.  I will never forget.

The rose 🌹, the Rose Window, was removed for protection during WW2.  Now gone.  So hard to take in the loss of such beauty.

I hope that there will not be a race to criticize, and second guess the Firemen, or to blame this on Malevolence without solid facts.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@cherry   It was so beautiful.  Thank you for posting that.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1   I understand what you are saying ,but, the church tries to share these things with people of faith. These items are  a link to our Savior, and  so many people just want to be able to  see these relics. They are in a reliquary, and under  most circumstances , safe

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Of all the relics kept at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Paris (Notre-Dame de Paris), the Crown of Thorns and a piece of the True Cross are the most revered. Their fate was in question as the 850-year-old church went up in flames.

Relics believed to be a piece of the cross on which Jesus was crucified, as well as the Crown of Thorns he wore, have been kept at the cathedral for centuries. The braided circle held together by golden thread has about 70 or so thorns attached. The relics were obtained from the Byzantine Empire in 1238, and brought to Paris by King Louis IX.

Honored Contributor

What about the famous gargoyles?

A40D828C-90EB-422C-9040-E9F85C2934C5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I am sure they are gone @sidsmom 

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I am sure they are gone @sidsmom 

Woman Sad

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I'm thinking about @Noel7  . We both love church architecture, and archaeology. I am sure she is devastated right now. I miss her